'22 OH TE Brody Foley (Indiana commit)

Is it really a "flip," when we told them to go? Just saying.
One of the many things Huepel and staff are up against...negative pub. Its still rampant; 7-5 isnt going to wipe out 20 years of suck.

Nobody likes that this happens. But it also happens to coaches who have been promised they will sign with them. It happens to teams and fans whose coach leaves. It happens to coaches, teams and fans when a player goes into the portal. We all just have to move on because that is how it is now.

I’m one who feels Institutions & adults (coaches) should answer to a higher standard than teenagers. Otherwise, how will they ever learn the proper way? I know many don’t agree with me and that’s fine.

Reactions: SmokinBob
It's tough, but all of these kids ought to have a plan B and a C, just in case.
That would be difficult. If player commits to A and tells B that he will sign with them IF something happens and A doesn’t take him, then B says I’m not holding a spot for
You if you can’t commit now and C says the same. Someone is going to have to take a flyer that no one else at that level wanted.

Yes
Also kids do this **** to schools all the time

Exactly, you said it, “kids”.

Let’s face it, if the adults & institutions acted correctly, the rule book would 3-4 pages. The rule book is so thick cause the adults can’t act like adults.

I’m one who feels Institutions & adults (coaches) should answer to a higher standard than teenagers. Otherwise, how will they ever learn the proper way? I know many don’t agree with me and that’s fine.
That would be nice.

That would be difficult. If player commits to A and tells B that he will sign with them IF something happens and A doesn’t take him, then B says I’m not holding a spot for
You if you can’t commit now and C says the same. Someone is going to have to take a flyer that no one else at that level wanted.
Well, their B and C realistically should be with lower level schools that would be tickled to have the kid that was cut loose by the bigger one.But you are right that guaranteed pre-arranged fall-back plans would be unlikely.

Reactions: Buzzbait
Every single program does this. I think we will be just fine.
Besides covid 19, has it been suggested that any other program play in an empty stadium, with no fans...has that EVER been suggested about another program? From "trailer-park frenzy" to flips that aren't really flips, no program has had to endure the media and negative pub like us.

I agree, think we're going to be fine, as well.

Ok … thanks. Obviously I didn’t see it so thought it wouldn’t be too much to ask for someone to repost.

So you're asking someone to look back through the thread and find it because you don't want to?

Actually, I did, anyway, and don't see it now.

So you're asking someone to look back through the thread and find it because you don't want to?

Actually, I did, anyway, and don't see it now.
That’s my point…. It’s not there. So yeah, you were wrong and took more time not telling the rest of us what it said than actually just helping. But you be you my guy.

To be honest, expectations and fan bases create this. Fans expect wins or want coaches fired; coaches have to make tough decisions to win and keep their jobs; players and schools can change their minds anytime; coaches have to do what’s best for the program.

Just is what it is.

Michigan State just dropped Shannon Blair, a WR/DB from Knoxville West, the day before signing day. Said all along they’d honor his scholarship after tearing up his ACL last summer, and now leave him high and dry with one day to spare.

Now THAT is a dirty way to do it. Foley found a landing spot quickly. I’m guessing this staff aided in that, and that’s why that tweet was deleted.

VN Store

Back