'22 OH TE Brody Foley (Indiana commit)

“It was sweet,” Foley told Volquest. “I loved all the energy and everything the offense was doing. It just seemed fun, like everybody was having a great time at practice, which you don’t see a ton.”

The Anderson High School product out of Cincinatti, Ohio has established a great relationship with Vols tight end coach Alex Golesh and wanted to see his potential position coach in action. Not only did Foley want to see the tight ends in person, but he also wanted to see Josh Heupel’s offense for the first time.

“I thought that was pretty big because if I go there, I’m going to be in the offense and have to learn it,” Foley told Volquest. “And then the campus as a whole, because I haven’t been down there. Just to kind of see everything and see what was going on down on the field.

“It was great. I love what Coach Golesh was doing. They did a lot of end zone and third down stuff. That fired me up to see what the tight ends were doing and getting a decent amount of balls, and being pretty heavily involved in the run scheme. It was awesome.”
Tennessee is “definitely up there” for Foley following the unofficial visit this weekend.

Golesh is the Tennessee coach in contact with Foley most frequently. The two text at least twice a week. The 6-foot-6, 230 lbs. tight end also hears from Heupel at least once a week, sometimes twice.

“It’s been a great relationship so far,” Foley said. “He’s been straight up and I don’t think you get that with a lot of coaches which is awesome. He’s been honest with everything he’s said because he’s like, ‘Why would I lie? And then you get here you’re going to hate it. There’s no point in that.’”

Foley wants to have his recruitment “down to three or four schools” here soon in order to make a decision at some point in July. He doesn’t want to be “overwhelmed going into his senior season,” but will hold off if he doesn’t feel comfortable making a decision.

Tennessee views Foley as a tight end that can do a little bit of everything. “Coach Golesh said I’m great in the slot, and obviously I need work at everything, but he said I have a ton of potential up front because I’m super physical,” Foley said. “I’m a good pass catcher, but also a good blocker. I feel like I can do everything.”

-VQ

Tennessee looks like the one to beat for one of the Midwest’s best tight end prospects.

After talking to a source with knowledge of the recruitment I’ve logged a 247Sports Crystal Ball forecast in favor of the Vols for Cincinnati (Ohio) Anderson tight end Brody Foley.

The 6-foot-6, 235-pound Foley is approaching 30 offers including several other opportunities in the SEC. He is tabbed by the 247Sports Composite as the No. 28 tight end in the class.
-Wiltfong

Every kid should have a green light

TWMMS?

ImpoliteEssentialBats-size_restricted.gif

JP34x4: Any idea on if/when Foley might jump in the boat?

Callahan: I think a lot of people might have started to get the wrong idea about Brody Foley's recruitment after Steve Wiltfong made his Crystal Ball prediction for Tennessee to land Foley last week. I wouldn't say anything is imminent there at the moment. Auburn just offered Foley last week, and he has some interest in traveling there at some point. And the Vols are involved with other tight ends, too, including at least one who's scheduled to take an official visit to Knoxville next month. They also haven't given up on Ohio State TE commitment Bennett Christian, whose father played at UT.

I do believe there's a pretty realistic chance — maybe even a good chance — Tennessee will end up deciding to take Foley and landing him. But I don't know that the Vols are rushing to get him in their class right now. They have some other irons in the fire, and Foley already has two official visits scheduled in June. His official visit to Knoxville is set for the weekend of June 25. I do think Tennessee might be the favorite to land him right now, though, and depending on how things play out, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ultimately chooses the Vols.

VN Store

Back