'20 OH OT Sean McRae - An Under-Recruited UT Legacy

I see he’s a good discus thrower tho
Offer him a track scholarship, then see if he can contribute in football too. Kind of reviving the Chuck Rohe two-sport recruiting concept that worked so well with Chip Kell and Richmond Flowers in the 60s.

Does seem weird. Makes no sense.

I went to high school with his dad. I was there when they measured him for basketball. He was just shy of 6’9” with no shoes on. UT never listed him at his full height.

I’ll say this though, his dad wasn’t a great high school player either. He blossomed in UT’s strength program and coaching. Maybe his son is the same way.
I've met Charles in person. He flew down to Homestead, Florida after Hurricane Andrew because he was a friend of one of my Army buddies. Really nice dude.

Wow. I'll ask around at work about this kid. My sports anchor is pretty plugged in with UA football. The best way to describe Upper Arlington is as if Sequoia Hills was an independent city with its own school system, mayor and police department. They actually had a murder across from the High School on Thursday, which is very uncharacteristic for UA.

Offer him a track scholarship, then see if he can contribute in football too. Kind of reviving the Chuck Rohe two-sport recruiting concept that worked so well with Chip Kell and Richmond Flowers in the 60s.
Yep, but they all were on football scholarships.

VN Store

Back