'20 OH LB Jaheim Thomas

UK has got half of their team from Ohio and it has worked well from them. You take a handful of those that go to UK and it might get you in door of some of the bigger Cincinncinnati high schools. Cincinnati is a unique city where there is not much tie to colleges. More people care about what high school they are an alumni of than what college.

Personally I think we ought to be recruiting New Zealand. Those rugby players are tough. No helmet; no pads; no jock. (Just guessing about the last part.) But some of those guys are huge and mean. I bet they could bite the head off a gator with one bite.

wouldn't they be biting a croc, technically? granted that's Austrailia. Potato-potato.

Giant croc stalks New Zealand tourist

UK has got half of their team from Ohio and it has worked well from them. You take a handful of those that go to UK and it might get you in door of some of the bigger Cincinncinnati high schools. Cincinnati is a unique city where there is not much tie to colleges. More people care about what high school they are an alumni of than what college.

My wife and I were just having this discussion. Living in Cincinnati, having moved here from Nashville, there is a good deal of diversity in backgrounds and allegiances to schools (college). However, EVERYTIME we meet someone living in Columbus and we tell them we live in Cincinnati they reply "Go Bucks" with an inflection they expect you to respond in kind. WE reply "Go Vols" and you should see the look on their faces. :oops:

Cincinnati folks really are more interested in where you attended elementary or high school locally. Funny world

Meh. Kids always talk about wanting to play together nonsense but it rarely ever comes to fruition. Ultimately everyone does what’s best for themselves.
I just hope that all the Marietta people decide that playing in same place is the best

Rivals 5star Challenge Predictions...

Recruitment: I have to admit, once Jaheim Thomas left Ohio State off his Top 7 list earlier this month, it has been hard for me to get a read on what the Cincinnati (Ohio) Princeton linebacker is going to do. My first thought was Cincinnati, since he has family there and his parents are alums. He also has responded strongly to Luke Fickell’s approach throughout the process. When I talked with Thomas this week, though, he had just come off a Michigan State official visit he said “made them a lot higher on my list.” Thomas, though, is talking about taking this out late into his senior year and saving the Nov. 30 official visit weekend for Tennessee. He has visited Knoxville before, and my gut says the Volunteers win this one in the end.

Prediction: Tennessee

-Josh Helmholdt, Rivals

Rivals 5star Challenge Predictions...

-Josh Helmholdt, Rivals
Can you post this again so I can like it again? You can’t but my that kind of space player who can also rush the passer. And I would like to thank whoever screwed this up for Ohio State.

He wasn't a take at OSU. There's some debate if his Michigan St. offer is committable.

If he adds significant size/muscle, he could work himself into a rush end at the next level.

He wasn't a take at OSU. There's some debate if his Michigan St. offer is committable.

If he adds significant size/muscle, he could work himself into a rush end at the next level.
If it ends up a Louisville/Kentucky fight, then you might just be right.

His old film from HS makes me think he has the toolkit, it just might be that he isn’t that instant starter that places like Ohio State and LSU expect out of their DL. Whatever happens, I’m still betting on Rocker, Rumph, Ansley, & Pruitt. At least one of those guys can figure out what to do with him.

He clearly has potential. Just a lot of work to do on his body, in addition to the on-field stuff.

Bucks viewed him strictly as a rush end. Think Sparty does as well. Likely not a traditional LB at any P5 school, imo.

He's a take for Michigan State from what I've been told. Not a take at UT or OSU. Agree about Rush End maybe being his best bet at the next level. He has the frame for it eventually. UC would be a good fit for him. Freeman and Fickell have been good at developing raw kids like that.

Reactions: tennvols77
was just about to ask where Montrell was.

Always appreciate your input. What's your insight on this 2020 cycle? Which guys you feel like we're reaching on, and which guys you like?

VN Store

Back