'18 OH LB Dallas Gant (Ohio St Transfer)

Think he would consider Tenn with the NCAA thing?
Possibly transferring into 2-3 years of Severe NCAA Probation? (I said POSSIBLY)

Reactions: Catbone
He can’t play there why would we want him? I mean our depth isn’t that awful. We need to get 4 year players in a system not keep plugging holes.

He can’t play there why would we want him? I mean our depth isn’t that awful. We need to get 4 year players in a system not keep plugging holes.
Are you suggesting we are on the same level as Ohio State? Reminder that they just made the national championship last year lol. Not saying this dude is Burrow, but Joe Burrow couldn't play there

Last edited:

The model has changed, you won't see teams built solely on 4 year players going forward.

We saw LSU win a title by 'plugging holes', recruiting is quickly evolving into 'roster management' and I'm pleased the coaching staff isn't so short-sighted as the opinion you've expressed.

Are you suggesting we are on the same level as Ohio State? Reminder that they just made the national championship last year lol
OHS lost a game to Oregon two week ago. Looks like they may jot be playing up to their talent level. Maybe he just wants to get out of town.

Our depth is that awful. You guys have lost your minds if you think the transfer portal isn’t our best way out. It is literally the best thing for Tennessee right now because if we don’t win something of value soon… none of the elite 4 year players are coming .

We're down a ton of people, there's isn't one way to fix this. I don't want to have to rely on first year guys to have to play major minutes the next few years. We need to take who we can get for depth purposes.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Have to think Tim Banks would have been at least familiar with him as a prospect during the recruiting process while Banks was at Penn State.

Our depth is that awful. You guys have lost your minds if you think the transfer portal isn’t our best way out. It is literally the best thing for Tennessee right now because if we don’t win something of value soon… none of the elite 4 year players are coming .
This makes sense. I just generally feel like some of these guys are leaving for a reason, and that they also wouldn’t be good enough here. Not every player at Bama or OSU is great.

What's funny to me is that some people think we shouldn't give kids a chance that aren't starting at BAMA or OSU, but think Harrison Bailey should transfer because he's the next Peyton Manning, or Dee Beckwith should transfer because he is Derrick Henry 2.0. This is why I can't stay away from Volnation.

What's funny to me is that some people think we shouldn't give kids a chance that aren't starting at BAMA or OSU, but think Harrison Bailey should transfer because he's the next Peyton Manning, or Dee Beckwith should transfer because he is Derrick Henry 2.0. This is why I can't stay away from Volnation.
1632343009102.gif

54 career tackles, 10 this season. Probably another player like Turnage at Bama who was just buried. 2 years of eligibility left

Hell..what is it literally gonna hurt to take the young man in if he will come to UT and let him do his thing!? He might be a steal...

This makes sense. I just generally feel like some of these guys are leaving for a reason, and that they also wouldn’t be good enough here. Not every player at Bama or OSU is great.
The point you made makes sense too, I just think we are so far behind those teams. He had some production I believe. If you’re seeing the field for elite programs I’d make the assumption they could help build competition/depth here. We just need help fast.

VN Store

Back