Oh hell Yes - orange jersey/ white pants

Who is to say that the players are not happy if they wear the traditional orange and white uniforms? Did they know our colors before they stepped on the field? This game we are checkerboarding the stands. What colors are the fans supposed to wear in the stands. I will take back my statement if I see any players that look sad on Saturday because of the uniform. I believe it is more a portion of the fans being upset about the chosen colors, not the players.
Yes. Fans who don't want to accept kids want to wear alternate uniforms versus the fans that do accept it. I'm good with a win Saturday, no matter the jersey.
It is funny that a person started this thread though. As if it was somehow a moral victory that Tennessee didn't wear alternate uniforms against UF in 2022....😂

Yes. Fans who don't want to accept kids want to wear alternate uniforms versus the fans that do accept it. I'm good with a win Saturday, no matter the jersey.
It is funny that a person started this thread though. As if it was somehow a moral victory that Tennessee didn't wear alternate uniforms against UF in 2022....😂

Well, it seems that sensible people in Knoxville have determined that "branding" is important in promoting the program. I prefer to see Tennessee wear the traditional orange & white in big conference, nationally televised games.

I was in Bozeman Montana one night several years ago and was talking to a local. When he learned I was from Tennessee, he mentioned when seeing the "orange and white checkerboard" end zones, he knows its Tennessee. That's what branding is. The same applies to your uniforms. I dont mind alternates in the non-con "buy games" or even occassionally vs some conference teams (Halloween weekend, etc). Seeing Tennessee fans checker Neyland in orange & white but the team in gray was just Butch Jones stupid.

Who is to say that the players are not happy if they wear the traditional orange and white uniforms? Did they know our colors before they stepped on the field? This game we are checkerboarding the stands. What colors are the fans supposed to wear in the stands. I will take back my statement if I see any players that look sad on Saturday because of the uniform. I believe it is more a portion of the fans being upset about the chosen colors, not the players.

Again, I didn’t say they were not happy wearing orange and white. I said the players get to make the decision on what to wear and should be allowed to make that decision and enjoy it! If they want traditional uniforms, thats great! Black jerseys, Smokey Grey’s, great! I like all of our uniform options! Regardless of what they are wearing I’m always pulling for the Vols & don’t get my feelings hurt if they want to do something different every now and then.

Again, I didn’t say they were not happy wearing orange and white. I said the players get to make the decision on what to wear and should be allowed to make that decision and enjoy it! If they want traditional uniforms, thats great! Black jerseys, Smokey Grey’s, great! I like all of our uniform options! Regardless of what they are wearing I’m always pulling for the Vols & don’t get my feelings hurt if they want to do something different every now and then.
You are acting as if the players decided they wanted to wear an alternative uniform and the evil administration won't let them. How do you know they didn't overwhelmingly decided on the traditional orange and white. If I understand, AL Wilson gave them a peptalk this week. He bleeds Orange and White.

You are acting as if the players decided they wanted to wear an alternative uniform and the evil administration won't let them. How do you know they didn't overwhelmingly decided on the traditional orange and white. If I understand, AL Wilson gave them a peptalk this week. He bleeds Orange and White.

No, I’m not acting that way at all! If you go back to my original post in this thread it was in response to someone stating that the team should worry more about “who they are than what they look like” & I was merely pointing out, no matter which uniforms they decide to wear, that I would rather allow the team those decisions so they can enjoy themselves & have fun. I’m happy they chose orange & white, but I’d have been equally happy if they’d have chose an alternative uniform. I in no way meant to imply they weren’t given an option. I was saying I’m glad they get the options and the ownership to choose for themselves, & if you eliminate that ownership & fun & worry too much about “who they are” (which I’m actually of the mindset that under Heupel they have absolutely no doubt of who they are, which is what makes them so exciting to watch!) then you wind up w/ a bunch of uptight players.

DP said the Helmets weren't in for the Grays or Dark Mode yet. I'm happy for it. I love the Grays and the Black but I want to see the start of the Tennessee Dominance era of the rivalry clad in Orange and White.
There was a article awhile back saying they had There gray alts in.

Well, it seems that sensible people in Knoxville have determined that "branding" is important in promoting the program. I prefer to see Tennessee wear the traditional orange & white in big conference, nationally televised games.

I was in Bozeman Montana one night several years ago and was talking to a local. When he learned I was from Tennessee, he mentioned when seeing the "orange and white checkerboard" end zones, he knows its Tennessee. That's what branding is. The same applies to your uniforms. I dont mind alternates in the non-con "buy games" or even occassionally vs some conference teams (Halloween weekend, etc). Seeing Tennessee fans checker Neyland in orange & white but the team in gray was just Butch Jones stupid.

You are quite correct regarding the communicative power of branding. In 2010, I entered the Kalispell (MT) airport on my way back from Glacier to Nashville. I was then wearing a Tennessee orange fleece jacket. Before I even said a word, the baggage handler said quite simply, "You guys are a long way from home." We now live in Billings and, again, simply wearing Tennessee orange is often an immediate conversation starter. Tennessee orange is the prettiest and most distinctive color in college athletics.

Reactions: rocytop2624
I think Bama is gonna be a night game and we’re getting the prime time slot. That’s when we’ll see the new Smokey alts.

Hope not. The traditional unis are always best, but especially for the main traditional rivals. If you must have them, save the silly alternates for games where some hype might be needed.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Personally, I do not think the color of a uniform will have anything to do with the ass-whipping the VOLS are going to put on fla this Saturday!!

Of course not. I see people say things like this all the time, but did anyone ever suggest that the uniforms worn had any effect whatsoever on the result of a game?

I like that, I never liked that we would choose primarily the Georgia home game as an alternate uniform game.

I actually am not sure I want an alternate against UK or Vandy. While they are traditionally weaker opponents, they're still a long standing rival. I kinda dig all orange being the default home uniform against Vandy.

I'd save alts for SC and Missouri.

I'd agree with that. Florida, Bama, Georgia, and Vandy should always be traditional colors.

I am mad because, to my knowledge, we haven't had an orange jersey and gray britches yet :rolleyes:

Have the uniforms been announced or is today the game we break out the Dark Modes or Smokey Grey's?

Thanks guys. Been busy all week at work and trying to play catch up.I guess with Checkerboarding Neyland, we gotta go traditional, unlike past years. Hopefully it improves our 1-4 Checker Neyland record. Go Vols!

VN Store

Back