Oh hell Yes - orange jersey/ white pants

Those who get all holy and ride a high horse about not wearing alternate unis, a suggestion. Foot the cost of dressing the team, and you will be uni boss. Until then, the AD, coaches, and players call the shots. Meanwhile:
Vol-Man, Vol-Man,
Does whatever a Vol can
Gorges out yardage, any size,
Catches passes with those gluey fives.
Look Out!
Here comes the Vol-Man.
Is he strong?
Listen bud,
He's got orange blood.
Can he dive over a DL for a TD?
Yeah, look at opponents cuss and frown.
Hey, there
There goes the Vol-Man.
In the middle of the fight
Against foes we know are slime
Like a streak of white light
Vol-Man scores just in time.
Vol-Man, Vol-Man
Friendly neighborhood Vol-Man
Fan uni whines he ignored
Action and winning is his reward.
Just players be players you old farts.

Vol-Man, Vol-Man.

CBS has already declared Oct 8 as their doubleheader weekend. Bama-AM was the thought as the night game but it might be Tennessee-LSU now.

With all the pre-season baggage, that aTm/Bama game will be the primetime game. Book it.

Which means Tennessee/LSU is afternoon unless ESPN opts to pickup the game and put it on in primetime. But I'm not sure ESPN is allowed to compete directly against the CBS primetime game.

With that, I would avoid dark colors (gray or black) in what may still be a sunny and warm Louisiana. I guess LSU could opt to do their purple jersey game that weekend leaving Tennessee in white. But LSU normally saves their third jersey for lesser out-of-conference opponents.

By the way, Tennessee has a very good all-time record in Baton Rouge. Sure, we don't play often there. But still.

At Baton Rouge : Tennessee leads 8-4-2 (.643)
At Knoxville: Tennessee leads 11-4-1 (.688)
Neutral: LSU leads 2-1-0 (.333)

Last edited:
I have been on volnation for over a decade. I have seen multiple coaching searches, head scratching play calls, mustard bottles, McDonald's bags, etc. The only thing that truly divides this fan base are clothes. You have the traditionalists who only like orange and white and the alternate crowd. No middle ground. All of us fall in one or the other. I have seen more arguments than I can count. Only Volnation.
Ha - I guess I may be in a group of one then. I like the traditional uniforms more than the alternate ones - black or smoky gray - but once a year or so for the alternates work just fine for me as the players like them and a change every now and again works great for me too.

I have been on volnation for over a decade. I have seen multiple coaching searches, head scratching play calls, mustard bottles, McDonald's bags, etc. The only thing that truly divides this fan base are clothes. You have the traditionalists who only like orange and white and the alternate crowd. No middle ground. All of us fall in one or the other. I have seen more arguments than I can count. Only Volnation.
1. Uniforms
2. Backup QB is the best QB on the roster
3. To “wooo” or not to “wooo”

With all the pre-season baggage, that aTm/Bama game will be the primetime game. Book it.

Which means Tennessee/LSU is afternoon unless ESPN opts to pickup the game and put it on in primetime. But I'm not sure ESPN is allowed to compete directly against the CBS primetime game.

With that, I would avoid dark colors (gray or black) in what may still be a sunny and warm Louisiana. I guess LSU could opt to do their purple jersey game that weekend leaving Tennessee in white. But LSU normally saves their third jersey for lesser out-of-conference opponents.

By the way, Tennessee has a very good all-time record in Baton Rouge. Sure, we don't play often there. But still.

A&M has 2 losable games before Bama. They could be 3-2 or 2-3 instead of 4-1. Not sure that would draw a big night audience if they’ve lost 2 or 3

LSU is wearing purple this Sat vs New Mexico. LSU wears their traditional uniforms in their big games & Tennessee will be a big game.

I don’t think ESPN can carry a SEC game vs a CBS game in prime time.

This is something Shane Beamer and Butch Jones would think is important.

You don't see Alabama or Penn State worried about a change of clothes.

This makes people feel good for the years of subpar seasons.
Oregon is proud of the fact that they have no tradition. They had a huge sign out there saying as much

Reactions: BreatheUT
I totally disagree with that. The O still hasn’t put a full game together as a team nor have they competed in an SEC game or a rivalry game yet.

Just look at first quarter production and then tell me they’re sure of themselves and what they can do. if they start slow and Florida gets momentum it’s going to hurt their chances to win alot.

I say focus on execution and look pretty later.
Fully agree and the O has looked tentative for sure. Those quick sideline throws have to be nerve wracking for a QB because if the timing is off just a bit it is a Pick 6. I think the early jitters have been due to the inability to get the run game going. No doubt UF will jump on that. Hopefully we come out slinging it and force them to cover over stopping the run. Then we run the whole package. Going to be a chess match in that regard. GBO!

Deer Park said that we now have a "branding plan" where we will wear our traditional unis in championship games and big traditional rivalries. I would personally think that means Georgia, Bama and Florida. Im guessing we will see the dark mode against LSU and the smokey greys against Kentucky.

LSU is tricky since they wear white at home. Id like to see us mix it up for that game. We need that one BAD.

dark mode vs LSU in a night game on primetime would be amazing!!

Reactions: TNHopeful505
Deer Park said that we now have a "branding plan" where we will wear our traditional unis in championship games and big traditional rivalries. I would personally think that means Georgia, Bama and Florida. Im guessing we will see the dark mode against LSU and the smokey greys against Kentucky.

LSU is tricky since they wear white at home. Id like to see us mix it up for that game. We need that one BAD.

I like that, I never liked that we would choose primarily the Georgia home game as an alternate uniform game.

I actually am not sure I want an alternate against UK or Vandy. While they are traditionally weaker opponents, they're still a long standing rival. I kinda dig all orange being the default home uniform against Vandy.

I'd save alts for SC and Missouri.

I like that, I never liked that we would choose primarily the Georgia home game as an alternate uniform game.

I actually am not sure I want an alternate against UK or Vandy. While they are traditionally weaker opponents, they're still a long standing rival. I kinda dig all orange being the default home uniform against Vandy.

I'd save alts for SC and Missouri.

This.

dark mode vs LSU in a night game on primetime would be amazing!!
Ummmm...no.
Only two places in college football that are terrible to play in a night game for a visiting team - one is Death Valley in Baton Rouge and we own the other.
Even for lower level teams that visit the fans show out and that place is CRAZY !!!

Also, isn't there some kind of NCAA rule about visiting teams needing permission from the home team to wear an alternate uniform other than their typical away outfit?

I’d like to see the team focus on who they are and not what they look like for four quarters and make a statement on the biggest stage in CFB this weekend.

There will be plenty more opportunities to wear alternates.
Bama has 2 uniform schemes and change only the jersey for home and away. Can't be any simpler.

Disagree. They know who they are already. I’d rather them make sure they’re having fun rather than being uptight. & if changing the uniform up makes it fun for them then change it up!
Who is to say that the players are not happy if they wear the traditional orange and white uniforms? Did they know our colors before they stepped on the field? This game we are checkerboarding the stands. What colors are the fans supposed to wear in the stands. I will take back my statement if I see any players that look sad on Saturday because of the uniform. I believe it is more a portion of the fans being upset about the chosen colors, not the players.

A game like this needs the traditional uni’s!
You want to win this game with our brand blazing

VN Store

Back