Offseason Fun - Another one

Mine is old school, but for those that remember him, John Bond at Mississippi State was a ton of fun to watch. My best friend, as a kid, was from a MSU family, so I got to see him play once a year.
john%2Bbond%2Bcard%2Bmsu.jpg

Roger Staubach, hands down...
Sorry forget the SEC part. In the SEC would have to be Archie, he went about his business in a sportsmen's ship way. Just did his job in what seemed to be a gentlemanly way. BUT I still say as some have gone beyond the SEC with names, it will always be Roger for me.

Last edited:
Billy Cannon - LSU
Bert Jones - LSU
Jamar Chase - LSU
Joe Burrow - LSU
Glen Dorsey - LSU
Patrick Peterson - LSU
Tyrann Mathieu - LSU

Johnny Football - Texas A&M
Mike Evans - Texas A&M

Randal Cobb - Kentucky

George Rodgers - South Carolina
Sterling Sharpe - South Carolina

So many other great SEC players to choose from, but I didn't like any of them simply because they played for programs I would never ever pull for !

Some great names on this list. But not answering the question, man up and pick one!;)

Who is your favorite non Tennessee SEC football player of all time?

Mine has to be a close one between Clowney and Tim Tebow.

Both dominated at their respective positions (Clowney only when he wanted to).

I didn’t know there was such a thing. If you ain’t wearing Orange it don’t matter.

Who is your favorite non Tennessee SEC football player of all time?

Mine has to be a close one between Clowney and Tim Tebow.

Both dominated at their respective positions (Clowney only when he wanted to).

It’s ironic how a lot of UT fans have grown to like/love/respect Tebow and a lot of Florida fans have done the same toward Peyton Manning. I think it’s safe to say both fan bases had a healthy hatred for the other during their college playing days (although probably a fair amount of respect too even though we wouldn’t admit it).

Personally, I’ve grown to really like Peyton, he has a great sense of humor, seems like a really fun guy to be around. Of course I respected all those years of his NFL greatness too.

Burrow and McFadden. LSU is my (distant) #2 team, being a Louisianian. I wish McFadden's NFL career wasn't ruined by the Raiders lol.

Also partial to that whole Kentucky team with Andre Woodson, Wesley Woodyard, etc.

And honorable mention Hines Ward. Just watched one of our games against them, and my favorite moment was when Leonard Little absolutely decked Hines out of bounds, but Hines somehow managed to stay on his feet, then they walked over to each other and bumped helmets lol. Tough recognizing tough.

Non-SEC, probably Tahj Boyd. He was so tough against LSU in their bowl game, always getting wrecked but still converting and getting back up

Patrick Mahomes...yep, wife is a Tech alum, and I started watching him early. You could tell he had “it” and Kingsbury had him slinging it all over the yard...but I have to admit that I never saw him being so great so early at the pro level. Doesn’t matter, though, I’m still watching him sling it.

Get out...live a little...there is a great, big world outside the State of Tennessee.
I have been all over this country. That is just one of the reasons I am a VFL. But, I will play along. Bo Jackson if I have to pick someone.

RG3 was appointment TV the year he won the Heisman. The game against TCU was one of the most fun games I've ever seen.

VN Store

Back