Officially a first-time season ticket holder!

deezvols

4* lurker
I've been going to UT football games since before I can remember. I only know because my parents had photo albums for me to look back through. I remember being clad from head to toe in orange for my birthday on Jan. 4 1999 knowing all I wanted for my birthday was a UT National Championship. I knew I wanted to be a season ticket holder eventually, and after finishing my 10 years of college education, I was finally financially to make that dream of mine come true today. I will be in X5 this season if anyone is close and wants to say hello!

I've been going to UT football games since before I can remember. I only know because my parents had photo albums for me to look back through. I remember being clad from head to toe in orange for my birthday on Jan. 4 1999 knowing all I wanted for my birthday was a UT National Championship. I knew I wanted to be a season ticket holder eventually, and after finishing my 10 years of college education, I was finally financially to make that dream of mine come true today. I will be in X5 this season if anyone is close and wants to say hello!

Y10 here, congrats!

Hey, good for you. If the TV camera turns your way, tell us what you will be doing. I will wave from home. That is, unless a targeting penalty gets called. Then I will switch over to Gilligan's Island reruns.

Reactions: deezvols
Congratulations! I hope your first season there is filled with fun, excitement, and a whole bunch of WINS!!!! Enjoy!
GO VOLS!!!!

X5 was my first location as a season ticket holder as well. It’s a good location. We’re in X3 now.

Man, your post made me smile. Happy for you and can remember how I felt in 1985 when I got my first season tickets in Y-8. When I called the UT ticket office in May of that year and asked the secretary that answered the phone if she could assist me in buying season tickets she asked if I could “hold on for a second.” I said sure. A few seconds later Athletic Director BOB WOODRUFF comes on the line and says, “my secretary says you’d like a pair of season tickets. I can get you a couple in Y8…would you like ‘em?” At the time it didn’t seem odd—looking back, TODAY it seems quite out of the ordinary. 36 years of season tickets later, I’m in Section V and get to as many games as I can. OP, I wish you 36+ more years of season tickets and memorable moments In Neyland Stadium.

Man, your post made me smile. Happy for you and can remember how I felt in 1985 when I got my first season tickets in Y-8. When I called the UT ticket office in May of that year and asked the secretary that answered the phone if she could assist me in buying season tickets she asked if I could “hold on for a second.” I said sure. A few seconds later Athletic Director BOB WOODRUFF comes on the line and says, “my secretary says you’d like a pair of season tickets. I can get you a couple in Y8…would you like ‘em?” At the time it didn’t seem odd—looking back, TODAY it seems quite out of the ordinary. 36 years of season tickets later, I’m in Section V and get to as many games as I can. OP, I wish you 36+ more years of season tickets and memorable moments In Neyland Stadium.
This really is a cool story.

You’ll like it over there. Great view. You can see the Jumbotron and the shade gets there early.

You’ll like it over there. Great view. You can see the Jumbotron and the shade gets there early.
Those were my 2 main considerations. I also managed to get my 4 seats in the aisle as that was my wife’s main consideration.

Those were my 2 main considerations. I also managed to get my 4 seats in the aisle as that was my wife’s main consideration.
I made a little bit of a tradeoff. I don’t get the shade as fast, but I’m one row into the dry and don’t have to worry about rain.

Congrats ! I started out in LL 35 years ago, moved to PP, then to QQ, been in XX2 for the last 13 years and plan on staying there until my demise.

VN Store

Back