Official Westerns Thread

Do people consider No Country for Old Men a western? I usually forget about it when we talk westerns because it's set in the 1980's, but it's totally a western to me.

Reactions: BleedorangeinGA
Keep an eye out next fall CBS is looking to have lightning strike twice (see Hawaii Five-O) with a reboot of The Rifleman which the original "Pilot" ran on CBS before a five year run on ABC from 1958-1963.

There are also several others under development FOX has a Wyatt Earp docu/drama series written by John Hlavin, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci from (Hawaii Five-0, Fringe, Cowboys & Aliens and the Star Trek reboot) will produce.

This may be a comedy more than a drama?

All of these probably want make it to air next fall but its interesting to see how networks are giving the Western a chance next fall. That's why its important that Hell on Wheels is a hit!

The Rifleman, the Wyatt Earp series and the TNT show sound promising.

Did any of these ever happen? I don't recall seeing any of them.

The Searchers
El Dorado
McClintock
Outlaw Jose Wales
Chisum
She wore a yellow ribbon
Pale Rider
Silverado
Legend of the Lone Ranger the original not that crappy remake
Tombstone
Wyatt Earp

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
I like any western with Clint Eastwood from the spaghetti westerns to “Unforgivin” My personal favorite was “Pale Rider” which was a modern homage to “Shane”. I really like the supernatural aspect of “Pale Rider” and “High Plains Drifter” when you realize the Eastwood characters are actually reincarnated spirits.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
Big Audie Murphy fan! Also enjoy Clint Walker in Cheyenne. Like any and all tv western series.Can’t leave out Lonesome Dove

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
We are needing a new big budget Western to watch. Any suggestions on adaptations you would like to see?

I would like a Jubal Sackett or even one of the earlier Sackett books like "Sacketts Land" or "To the Far Blue Mountains".

Reactions: chatsworth_vol
not Westerns, but they influenced.

Seven samurai, yojimbo, and rashomon starring toshiro mifune

As far as actors here is my personal elite list;

* John Wayne of course
* Clint Eastwood
* Randolph Scott
* Steve McQueen
* Audie Murphy
* Dale Robertson (Can't get enough of Tale of Wells Fargo)
Just to name a FEW

Favorite Movies:

* ANYTHING by John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Randolph Scott or Audie Murphy
* Silverado
* Tombstone
* How The West Was Won
* 3:10 to Yuma
* Shane

131302948_1311338592573275_5936987989468988875_n.jpg

In my opinion right along The Duke as the greatest westerns star of all time!

Audie Murphy (20 June 1925 – 28 May 1971) was one of the most decorated United States Army combat soldiers of World War II, serving from 1942 to 1945. He received every American combat award for valor available at the time of his service, including the Medal of Honor.

He was awarded the Medal of Honor at 19 for single-handedly holding off a company of German soldiers, then leading a successful counterattack while wounded and out of ammo.
1f1fa_1f1f8.png
#AmericanLegends #tbt #ProudToBeAnAmerican

VN Store

Back