Official Visitor article - Volquest member???

bearcub347

bearvol
Can someone fill us in on Rob's new article on official visitors?

It says Chris Donald will be here this weekend, but I do not know who else.

Can someone fill us in on Rob's new article on official visitors?

It says Chris Donald will be here this weekend, but I do not know who else.

Ben Martin, Harrison Smith, Chris Walker, Chris Hill...I think we'll add on a few more to the list as the week goes on.

We'll also have some big current commitments in town to help us recruit our visitors...Brent Vinson, Darris Sawtelle, BJ Coleman, Todd Campbell, CJ Fleming (Chris Hill's teammate), Darryl Vereen and Art Evans will all be in the house.

Chris Donald
Ben Martin
Harrison Smith
Chris Walker
Deangelo Willingham
Cris Hill
Brent Vinson
Darris Sawtelle
BJ Coleman
Todd Campbell
C.J. Fleming
Daryl Vereen
Tyler Maples
Art Evans
Kevin Cooper

Chris Donald
Ben Martin
Harrison Smith
Chris Walker
Deangelo Willingham
Cris Hill
Brent Vinson
Darris Sawtelle
BJ Coleman
Todd Campbell
C.J. Fleming
Daryl Vereen
Tyler Maples
Art Evans
Kevin Cooper

Forgive me for asking. What is going on this weekend that they are coming for? Basketball?

Forgive me for asking. What is going on this weekend that they are coming for? Basketball?

With nothing left but the bowl, the atmosphere of gameday won't be on display to these recruits...but all of these visitors have been in town on unofficial visits for games before.

This weekend will give our coaches a chance to sit down with each recruit and devote meaningful one-on-one time with each of them without any distractions. It'll also give our current players and verbal commitments a chance to spend time with the undecided kids and recruit them to UT.

With nothing left but the but all of these visitors have been in town on unofficial visits for games before.

This may not be entirely accurate. I believe Willingham and Hill will be making their first trips to Knoxville. As mentioned earlier, Hill is a teammate of current vol commit, CJ Fleming. Willinham has named Tennessee as his leader and is likely to commit this weekend if the visit goes well.

Im happy Todd Campbell will be there because he'll be working for us from the inside.

Now there is word that this visit may turn Harrison Smith. Inside sources say that he really wants to come to UT but his dad really wants ND.

Which family though? UT or the Smith's? His parents went to UT, his friends go to UT, his g/f goes to UT.

trust me, once he gets to college the girlfriend will fall off, as a football player for the large orange he'll have hot and cold running hotties, so Im betting she wont factor much into the equation, it's the dad that's going to be a tough nut to crack

Harrison Smith had his high school coach contact UT and make sure he was scheduled for this visit. He definately has serious interest in UT. I am not assuming he is leaning to UT or anything. I am just disputing the claim many people are making that he has already made up his mind. I really think he is in a similar situation to Langley. Langley's parents really want him to go to Penn State. But, he said he had to do what was best for him. Hopefull Smith will make that same decision. Maybe Langley can get Smith's phone number, or call UT while Smith is on his visit, and he can talk to him about making the decision for himself and not for his parents.

right on, he's the one that has to walk the halls for four years, not daddy.

Will the Vols get a visit from Kevin Bryant? Do they have a real shot at him?

The would make a nice OL class with Pope and Sawtelle.

Did/will Dale Martin visit? Are the Vols still in the hunt?

I used to live in Bolingbrook. They have solid tradition and produce very good backs who have played against excellent competition in the Chicagoland area.

We are up there with Martin, but aren't pushing hard for him because we want Creer more and possibly Cooper more.

Prep School DE Miguel Chavis just confirmed that he will be in Knoxville on official visit this weekend as well. So add his name to the list.

drove by the Stadium tonight. they had the lights on and they were showing vidoes on the JumboTronand talking over the loudspeaker.

fwiw.

is Catholic. An AA football player being recruited by Notre Dame? Out of a well to do Catholic family? The kid's dad is a surgeon in the Knoxville area. He has been Notre Dame bound for A LONG TIME! :mf_surrender:

They used to have the band out for recruits playing rocky top and other songs, and cheerleaders and all that...but a couple years ago the NCAA in all its wisdom decided that it was an unfair advantage for the bigger schools....

of course they did, the NCAA wants every school to go 6-6 so that they're all equal

VN Store

Back