SEC Player of the Year: Tua
SEC Coach of the Year: Nick Saban
SEC champion: Alabama, Georgia wins SEC Champ Game

Clemson loses to Alabama in Semis
Michigan loses to Georgia in Semis

Alabama beats UGA for national title.

Reactions: TUSKtimes
And Bryant is going to be shocked and outmatched in the SEC
He's a good QB. He's a very good athlete. But he was displaced by a Fr at Clemson and it wasn't just raw physical ability. IIRC, Bryant was prone to mistakes and often didn't run the O well. Mizzou's system has complexity but also a lot of automatic reads. Lock's progress from Fr to Sr paralleled his mastery of a system.... that you do not master in a year.

I just think people vastly underestimate how big the loss of Lock was. Mizzou recruited QB VERY poorly. They would have been in HUGE trouble had Bryant not chosen them. But I don't think he's good enough to be their savior.

We will see soon if I'm wrong. I'll eat it if I am.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
UF is in disarray, but people have us losing to them.

When Meyer left UF stories came out about the years he was there. The program was in complete disarray with star players talking back to coaches, ignoring their demands during practice, skipping out on practices, one star player even killed someone while other players on the team knew he was violent and dangerous and he was never punished. They won 2 championships b/c all that didn’t matter. They had a ton of talent and the coach could get them fired up for games.

UF had a lot of talent and their players go to war for their coach. Compare that to us, little proven talent and players who quit on Pruitt during multiple games last year are still on the team.

Georgia 11-1 7-1
Mizzou 9-3 5-3
Florida 9-3 5-3
Tennessee 8-4 4-4
Kentucky 7-5 3-5
S Carolina 6-6 3-5
Vandy 2-10 0-8

Alabama 12-0 8-0
LSU 11-1 7-1
A&M 8-4 5-3
Auburn 8-4 4-4
Ms State 7-5 3-5
Ole Miss 4-8 2-6
Arkansas 4-8 0-8

You write that and claim I choose to be negative????

Look, there’s a difference between being realistic and being negative. Just because I pointed out we are down to 14 returning starters from what actually would have been 19 and that I think we will lose to Florida doesn’t make me negative. That is simply an important fact that played into my prediction(s).

I also included returning coaches as a reason for my predictions, and two of you chose to completely ignore that aspect of my logic and made a narrow, snide comment instead. I thought that was rude which is something I was not attempting to be.

Since you made the charge that I am being negative, allow me to explain myself:

I probably don’t need to remind you that Tennessee has gone 4-8 and 5-7 the last two years and much of that was due to a defense and OL that lacked depth. We needed every returning starter we could get on our defense and offense this year, and three of four returning starters we have already lost this year are on defense. One of those players is Gooden who was the only returning DL with remotely any proven experience. So being down THREE starters (Gooden, Buchanan, Kirkland) on a defense that has yet to experience a winning season on top of losing two multi year starters at OL (Richmond & Hall) and a RS Freshman DL (Garland) hurts us. I was simply pointing that out.

I will elaborate on the other point that you neglected. It is a known fact that the impact of new coaches, even the good coaches who have actually coached at the position they are hired to coach at, usually doesn’t show up until year two. We have a new DC, a new OC a new WRC a new RB coach a new QB coach and a new ST coach. Yes, some of these coaches were already on the team, but these players were not working with these men last year. That is more than likely going to affect us this year, regardless of whether or not it is still the same “system” on D.

There is at least one thorough article out there on Chaney that goes into great detail and effort to caution fans that his impact usually doesn’t fully show up until year two. I have yet to hear or read anyone really talking about it, but Pruitt also hired another yet-to-be-proven-at-defensive-coordinator in Derrick Ansley. Ansley has never been a DC. Ever. Yet, he was hired to come in and fix our thin, bottom-of-the-league-for-two-years defense. Not saying it is a bad hire. Not saying he can’t get it done. THAT would be negative. What I am saying is familiarity with coaches helps. What I am saying is proven experience helps. What I am saying is it is a tall order for a coach who has yet to be an outright DC at any level of the game and an unrealistic expectation for our team to be any better than what I and Vegas have predicted.

My optimism that these coaches can rise to the occasion in their first and second years coaching at Tennessee and improve our season from dead last in the SECE two years in a row to 4th in the SECE even with a depleted defensive line that was already unproven, is why we are and not further down the list. Other reasons are Vandy and Kentucky’s loss of key playmakers. I believe I covered that too.

Hopefully, more people will get on the optimism, tempered with realism train, or else we could have a bunch of whining negavol fans this year that only create toxicity around our program. 2020 is our year folks. Mark it down. This year we should be very happy with 4th and that is my optimistic prediction.

Last edited:
My Prediction:

East
Georgia 11-1
Florida 10-2
Tennessee 8-4
Mizzou 8-4
Kentucky 6-6
South Carolina 4-8
Vanderbilt 3-9

West
Alabama 12-0
ATM 10-2
LSU 10-2
Auburn 9-3
Mississippi State 6-6
Mississippi 5-7
Arkansas 4-8

SEC Player of the Year: Tua
SEC Coach of the Year: Nick Saban
SEC champion: Alabama, Georgia wins SEC Champ Game

Clemson loses to Alabama in Semis
Michigan loses to Georgia in Semis

Alabama beats UGA for national title.

You're my nominee for realist of the year with Bama. ATM is a coming force in the west and next year they look like they will have their heels dug in deep. If they beat Clemson 10-2 could happen but that will be tough @Clemson. LSU still looks like the better team this year for second but not by much.

Look, there’s a difference between being realistic and being negative. Just because I pointed out we are down to 14 returning starters from what actually would have been 18 and that I think we will lose to Florida doesn’t make me negative. That is simply an important fact that played into my prediction(s).

I also included returning coaches as a reason for my predictions, and two of you chose to completely ignore that aspect of my logic and made a narrow, snide comment instead. I thought that was rude which is something I was not attempting to be.

Since you made the charge that I am being negative, allow me to explain myself:

I probably don’t need to remind you that Tennessee has gone 4-8 and 5-7 the last two years and much of that was due to a defense and OL that lacked depth. We needed every returning starter we could get on our defense and offense this year, and three of four returning starters we have already lost this year are on defense. One of those players is Gooden who was the only returning DL with remotely any proven experience. So being down THREE starters (Gooden, Buchanan, Kirkland) on a defense that has yet to experience a winning season on top of losing a three year starter at OL (Richmond) and a RS Freshman DL (Garland) hurts us. I was simply pointing that out.

I will elaborate on the other point that you neglected. It is a known fact that the impact of new coaches, even the good coaches who have actually coached at the position they are hired to coach at, usually doesn’t show up until year two. We have a new DC, a new OC a new WRC a new RB coach a new QB coach and a new ST coach. Yes, some of these coaches were already on the team, but these players were not working with these men last year. That is more than likely going to affect us this year, regardless of whether or not it is still the same “system” on D.

There is at least one thorough article out there on Chaney that goes into great detail and effort to caution fans that his impact usually doesn’t fully show up until year two. I have yet to hear or read anyone really talking about it, but Pruitt also hired another yet-to-be-proven-at-defensive-coordinator in Derrick Ansley. Ansley has never been a DC. Ever. Yet, he was hired to come in and fix our thin, bottom-of-the-league-for-two-years defense. Not saying it is a bad hire. Not saying he can’t get it done. THAT would be negative. What I am saying is familiarity with coaches helps. What I am saying is proven experience helps. What I am saying is it is a tall order for a coach who has yet to be an outright DC at any level of the game and an unrealistic expectation for our team to be any better than what I and Vegas have predicted.

My optimism that these coaches can rise to the occasion in their first and second years coaching at Tennessee and improve our season from dead last in the SECE two years in a row to 4th in the SECE even with a depleted defensive line that was already unproven, is why we are and not further down the list. Other reasons are Vandy and Kentucky’s loss of key playmakers. I believe I covered that too.

Hopefully, more people will get on the optimism, tempered with realism train, or else we could have a bunch of whining negavol fans this year that only create toxicity around our program. 2020 is our year folks. Mark it down. This year we should be very happy with 4th and that is my optimistic prediction.
Thanks for reminding me even though you didn't need to remind me.

East Division thinking with my heart

Georgia 11-1
Florida 10-2
Tennessee 9-3
Missouri 8-4
South Carolina 7-5
Kentucky 6-6
Vanderbilt 5-7

East Division thinking with my brain

Georgia 11-1
Florida 10-2
Missouri 8-4
Tennessee 7-5
South Carolina 7-5
Kentucky 6-6
Vanderbilt 5-7

Western Division

Alabama 12-0
LSU 10-2
Texas A&M 9-3
Auburn 8-4
Mississippi State 7-5
Mississippi 5-7
Arkansas 5-7

Bama wins SEC and the National Championship.
Not if Clemson steamrolls their competition and Lawrence stays healthy. Could be another repeat of January 2019.....

When Meyer left UF stories came out about the years he was there. The program was in complete disarray with star players talking back to coaches, ignoring their demands during practice, skipping out on practices, one star player even killed someone while other players on the team knew he was violent and dangerous and he was never punished. They won 2 championships b/c all that didn’t matter. They had a ton of talent and the coach could get them fired up for games.

UF had a lot of talent and their players go to war for their coach. Compare that to us, little proven talent and players who quit on Pruitt during multiple games last year are still on the team.

The big question is can Mullen handle it? I don't know, but we gone find out.

East
Georgia: 11-1 (7-1) (loss to Texas A&M)
Missouri: 10-2 (6-2) (losses to Florida and Georgia)
Tennessee: 9-3 (5-3) (losses to Georgia, Alabama, and Missouri)
Florida: 8-4 (5-3) (losses to Tennessee, LSU, Georgia, and Miami)
South Carolina: 5-7 (2-6) (losses to Alabama, Missouri, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Texas A&M, and Clemson)
Vanderbilt: 4-8 (1-7) losses to Purdue and to everyone but Kentucky)
Kentucky: 5-7 (1-7) (lose all SEC games but Arkansas)

West
Texas A&M: 10-2 (7-1) (losses to Clemson and LSU)
Alabama: 11-1 (7-1) (loss to Texas A&M)
LSU: 9-3 (6-2) (losses to Texas, Auburn, and Alabama)
Mississippi State: 8-4 (4-4) (losses to Florida, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Georgia, and Alabama)
Auburn: 6-6 (3-5) (losses to Oregon, Florida, Texas A&M, Georgia, and Alabama, LSU)
Ole Miss: 7-5 (3-5) (losses to Auburn, LSU, Texas A&M, and Alabama, Miss State)
Arkansas: 4-8 (0-8)

SEC Player of the Year: Jake Fromm
SEC Coach of the Year: Barry Odom
SEC Champion: Georgia over Texas A&M ........................Clemson wins National and Tennessee beats Penn State in the Citrus Bowl

Last edited:
EAST
Georgia
Missouri
Florida
Tennessee
South Carolina
Kentucky
Vanderbilt

WEST
Alabama
Texas A&M