Official Major League Soccer/US Men's National Team Thread

Puma’s kit has more sponsors than what you see on a NASCAR.
Good grief you’re not kidding. DHL, Telcel, Suzuki, Mobi, Met Life I think?

I hope this settles down. I mean wide open is fun to watch but that has to favor Pumas here in a few more minutes what with Seattle having to sub two off in the first half hour. Fresh legs aren’t really coming.

Reactions: MAD
Counterpoint: the FIFA Club World Cup I’m now obligated to watch is hosted by China. Reminds me of getting up at 4 am in 2002 to watch USA-Portugal.

Reactions: MAD
Men's team money now goes to the women's team.

The respective unions will receive 90% of the FIFA bonuses paid at the 2022 and 2023 World Cups and 80% of the bonuses at the 2026 and 2027 editions. All of the funds paid out from those bonus pools will be split evenly among the two national teams.

Both unions also will participate in revenue sharing, including 10% of commercial revenue between $55 million and $75 million and 15% of any commercial revenue above $75 million. Both teams also will receive an equal cut of ticket revenue, with the teams receiving $5.06 of each ticket sold through the end of 2026 and $5.75 of each ticket during the final two years of the deal.

USWNT, MNT get equal WC money in new CBAs

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Really impressive showing so far and I think exactly what you want to see out of a friendly. And as I type we get a ghost penalty on Scally. Matt Turner is the man and for me has done plenty in the last year to make his case for first choice. Aaron Long hasn’t exactly looked like a revelation and somewhere John Brooks is wondering what he has to do to get another look.

I'm a little miffed that some players want to call out fans for not showing up to yet another game in freaking Ohio. You'd think the USMNT is really the United State of Ohio MNT with how they price the games, and where they keep playing them.

I was really hoping we'd get a game in DC (or heck, even Nashville) during this span but of course not.

Reactions: WestTennesseeVol
I'm a little miffed that some players want to call out fans for not showing up to yet another game in freaking Ohio. You'd think the USMNT is really the United State of Ohio MNT with how they price the games, and where they keep playing them.

I was really hoping we'd get a game in DC (or heck, even Nashville) during this span but of course not.

Plus it was a friendly. I mean, cool we won and everything, but personally I’m not spending time or money watching a scrimmage

Reactions: ButchPlz

But the players don’t decide the venue? So how does that effect their rant? If anything their rant maybe helps get more games outside of Ohio and some of the more played venues because of the bad turnout. The federation will think twice before going back to TQL Stadium after Pulisics call out.

I do wish Nashville could get a game again. TQL Stadium in Cincinnati is only 26k capacity and the brand spanking new Geodis Park in Nashville holds 30k. Plus it’s in a city that fans would want to visit. It just seems like a no brainer, but the federation didn’t decide to host a friendly there this summer. Strange call.

I’m not surprised a guy who makes about $180,000 per week can’t understand why Americans who make $800 per week, can’t justify spending $150 per ticket to watch an exhibition soccer match.

Throw in 3-4 hour drives on a week night, $4.60 per gallon for a round trip, and if you aren’t packing a PBJ and chips, tack on a few more $20’s.

For a mid week exhibition soccer game.

Pulisic can get the f*** over it.

I’m not surprised a guy who makes about $180,000 per week can’t understand why Americans who make $800 per week, can’t justify spending $150 per ticket to watch an exhibition soccer match.

Throw in 3-4 hour drives on a week night, $4.60 per gallon for a round trip, and if you aren’t packing a PBJ and chips, tack on a few more $20’s.

For a mid week exhibition soccer game.

Pulisic can get the f*** over it.
Are tickets really $150 a piece now? If so, that’s insane, and is almost certainly a direct cause of poor attendance at MNT games. By contrast, tickets to actual Premier League matches almost never cost more than the equivalent of $50, and the two times I went to US matches I think we paid ~$50 for a Gold Cup game in Atlanta and $20 for a friendly in Nashville.

Are tickets really $150 a piece now? If so, that’s insane, and is almost certainly a direct cause of poor attendance at MNT games. By contrast, tickets to actual Premier League matches almost never cost more than the equivalent of $50, and the two times I went to US matches I think we paid ~$50 for a Gold Cup game in Atlanta and $20 for a friendly in Nashville.

Just checked Ticketmaster, it was around $50 - $100. Still hefty for a game that doesn’t mean anything. Rest of the point does still stands though, between gas, food, school night, etc, that’s a hard sell for the average Joe.

VN Store

Back