Official Major League Soccer/US Men's National Team Thread

Anyone know why Kentucky and South Carolina are able to have Division 1 mens soccer teams?
They both play in Conference USA.
Why doesn’t Tennessee or anyone else have a team?

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Anyone know why Kentucky and South Carolina are able to have Division 1 mens soccer teams?
Why doesn’t Tennessee or anyone else have a team?
Title IX. Gotta have the same amount of women’s sports teams as men’s sports teams. I don’t remember which team keeps UT from having one, but I’m sure someone on here will know.

Reactions: MAD
The favorites KC led almost the whole match.
Real Salt Lake wins it in extra time.

Big money transfer for MLS

Glad to see that. While I don’t see MLS competing for my viewership vs the EPL and some of other the larger leagues in my lifetime, I do hope the quality keeps picking up here stateside.

So if UT adds women's gymnastics, like they should, then UT could add men's soccer. I think it happens within 5 years.

Edit: I didn't quote the posts I meant to, but I believe that's the way Title IX works

They’d probably give those extra scholarships to the baseball team if I had to take a guess. It’s not equal number of teams, it’s equal number of scholarships, which is why you see more random women’s sports to equal the football team

So, a USMNT game this evening ... will we be playing our younger roster, either because of EPL duties for guys like Pulisic, and/or because we can take this opportunity with our greener kids in this non-CONCACAF game? What should we expect from each side?

So, a USMNT game this evening ... will we be playing our younger roster, either because of EPL duties for guys like Pulisic, and/or because we can take this opportunity with our greener kids in this non-CONCACAF game? What should we expect from each side?

Thanks for the reminder, forgot about this match.
It will be a great opportunity to see a lot of the younger players.

0FFCFF77-44C4-4895-AF13-E8E53CFCE0DE.jpeg

DETAILED ROSTED BY POSITION (CLUB; CAPS/GOALS):

GOALKEEPERS (3): John Pulskamp (Sporting Kansas City; 0/0), Gabriel Slonina (Chicago Fire; 0/0), Matt Turner (New England Revolution; 12/0)

DEFENDERS (10): George Bello (Atlanta United; 5/0), Justin Che (FC Dallas; 0/0), Jonathan Gomez (Louisville City; 0/0), Kobi Henry (Orange County SC; 0/0), Henry Kessler (New England Revolution; 1/0), Brooks Lennon (Atlanta United; 0/0), Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls; 21/3), Bryan Reynolds (Roma/ITA; 1/0), Auston Trusty (Colorado Rapids; 0/0), Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC; 22/2)

MIDFIELDERS (5): Kellyn Acosta (Colorado Rapids; 44/2), Cole Bassett (Colorado Rapids; 0/0), Johnny Cardoso (Internacional/BRA; 2/0), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders; 29/0), Jackson Yueill (San Jose Earthquakes; 15/0)

FORWARDS (7): Taylor Booth (Bayern Munich II/GER; 0/0), Caden Clark (New York Red Bulls; 0/0), Cade Cowell (San Jose Earthquakes; 0/0), Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas; 4/2), Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders; 39/10), Ricardo Pepi (FC Dallas; 6/3), Gyasi Zardes (Columbus Crew; 65/14)

ROSTER UPDATE
D.C. United defender Kevin Paredes suffered a mild left ankle injury in training and returned to his club after the medical staff determined he would not be fully fit by Saturday. No replacement was added to the training camp roster.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back