Official Major League Soccer/US Men's National Team Thread

Crowds are finally back on the heels of the pandemic. Team USA is in the continental final vs. rival Mexico. Starting keeper gets hurt. A nobody backup keeper has never played. He's from Denver, where the game is being played. He gets scored on right away. USA scores to send in OT. USA scores first in OT. Mexico tries to injure the backup keeper but he stays in and has 2 awesome saves. Mexico gets a ******** PK with basically no time left. The guy blocks it. USA wins

This is a fkn movie

forgot we were playing costa rica today. just a friendly, but hoping we play well

it started just a few minutes ago (on ESPN2 I believe)

good win! 4-0 final

Notes:
happy birthday Ethan Horvath
good to perform well and get a clean sheet (and win) after a huge game last Sunday
scored some goals (all by young guys)
played lots of people

it's crazy that in the last 12 games against costa rica, there have been no draws
US with 7 wins to Costa Rica's 5

Reactions: MAD
for others that haven't seen them: U.S. Soccer reveals new eye-catching away kit

Not a huge fan, but what a team I like wears doesn't make a huge difference to me, personally. At least it wouldn't affect me watching or not watching them play.

I like the fruit roll up comparison, lol
It’s not bad. This is my take on why they may have gone with that design. With the climate in this country a lot of people are associating showing patriotism as negative. So I think they went with something that would increase sales and wouldn’t offend anybody.

DEB4E583-43C6-4811-9EFB-1DBE8C90377F.jpeg
Vs something like this.
F605375E-58E1-41FD-85CE-47BB8CD31494.png

It’s not bad. This is my take on why they may have gone with that design. With the climate in this country a lot of people are associating showing patriotism as negative. So I think they went with something that would increase sales and wouldn’t offend anybody.

View attachment 374724
Vs something like this.
View attachment 374725
I actually think they did a lot of psychological testing and realized the chaotic pattern would cause the opponents to either go cross eyed or insane.

Reactions: FLVOL_79 and MAD

VN Store

Back