Official Major League Soccer/US Men's National Team Thread

No creativity, no purpose, no play-making ability. We played no to lose, hoping for a fortunate counter attack. We may have had more chances, but you never deserve to win when getting out-possessed like that. You get weathered down after chasing for so long and momentum slowly swings the other way.

I Don't like Berhalter's approach and I'm not sure what type of impact he is making to this team. Seems to me he knows he is in a position well over his head and is doing his best not to get embarrassed, thus resulting in a play not to lose approach.

I felt like we had plenty of opportunities to score and do better with possessions, and we lost 1-0 to a good team. The scheming wasn't the problem. I think coach is getting way too much guff.

Reactions: FallCreekVols
Bradley never needs to step on the field in a US shirt again.

Breadley is a great player, just not going to succeed when you tire yourself on defense chasing the other team in circles. He can usually possess and distribute well, but not in this type of defensive/counter-attacking soccer we were playing.

I felt like we had plenty of opportunities to score and do better with possessions, and we lost 1-0 to a good team. The scheming wasn't the problem. I think coach is getting way too much guff.

I've only watched a bit here and there, but Tthe US has looked underwhelming throughout from the games I've seen in the Gold Cup. We have some guys who can score and finish their opportunities, but overall our opponents have possessed the ball too much and haven't played with purpose. Many times we look lost, have a lack of unity, and don't seem to play with urgency.

Nothing she has done suggests she roots against the USMNT. Her beef is with CONCACAF scheduling
I'm going to put it this way for why I can't stand most of the current iteration of that team.

1. I don't like obnoxious, sore winner types in any sport.
2. I don't like people who blow wins out of proportion. I'm sorry, but the women's world cup isn't that meaningful. It's like UCF's mythical national title.
3. I don't watch women's sports for the same reason I don't go out of my way to watch high schoolers. The quality isn't worth it.

If Rapinoe would shut her piehole for twelve seconds and if the team wasn't the type of people obsessively celebrating goals while up by effing twelve in a soccer match I'd be much more inclined to take their side. Instead, they want to play the heel then act oppressed when people either don't like them or don't give a ****.

I'm going to put it this way for why I can't stand most of the current iteration of that team.

1. I don't like obnoxious, sore winner types in any sport.
2. I don't like people who blow wins out of proportion. I'm sorry, but the women's world cup isn't that meaningful. It's like UCF's mythical national title.
3. I don't watch women's sports for the same reason I don't go out of my way to watch high schoolers. The quality isn't worth it.

If Rapinoe would shut her piehole for twelve seconds and if the team wasn't the type of people obsessively celebrating goals while up by effing twelve in a soccer match I'd be much more inclined to take their side. Instead, they want to play the heel then act oppressed when people either don't like them or don't give a ****...

...or root for their opponents.

Who is acting oppressed exactly? What did they do to give you that perception?

...or root for their opponents.

Who is acting oppressed exactly? What did they do to give you that perception?
Unreasonably demanding better pay (and cherry picking "statistics"), bitching about game times, complaining about fields, etc. is acting oppressed. They're claiming they don't get treated the same as the men. Frequently called oppression by women's movements.

Unreasonably demanding better pay (and cherry picking "statistics"), bitching about game times, complaining about fields, etc. is acting oppressed. They're claiming they don't get treated the same as the men. Frequently called oppression by women's movements.

You said "when people either don't like them or don't give a ****." and now you've totally flipped the script

I just am tired of Hearing about Rapinoe and her influence on the overall culture of the women's soccer team. I get the sense also that they act like they are oppressed:

- Rapinoe acts oppressed from being LGBT and in kneeling for the flag
-They complain and act oppressed when everyone got on them for scoring 13 goals and celebrating wildly when beating Taiwan
- They complain and act oppressed when people are call Morgan classless for her tea celebration against England
- they act entitled by talking about winning and going to the White house when they still have multiple games to play before wining in the World Cup
- Rapinoe is disrespectful in cussing about not visiting the White House
- Rapinoe complains about 3 games being played today in conjunction with World Cup
- They constantly complain about pay for the last few years and getting paid less than the Mens team though they lost to a U-15 boys club team.

Everything they do is b**** and complain. I can't even root for them because they are so un-likable. I may be one as well, but that whole team acts like the proto-typical entitled millennial..

- They complain and act oppressed when people are call Morgan classless for her tea celebration against England
- Rapinoe complains about 3 games being played today in conjunction with World Cup

Honestly, how are these not legit beefs? People are so stupid.

- They constantly complain about pay for the last few years and getting paid less than the Mens team though they lost to a U-15 boys club team

They don't "constantly" complain about it. They have an ongoing case. They just handled their business. It's literally no sweat off your sack and here you are complaining about it, but they aren't justified to complain about something that actually pertains to them? The U15 thing has nothing to do with anything.

they act entitled by talking about winning and going to the White house when they still have multiple games to play before wining in the World Cup

Rapinoe was asked a question and answered. Y'all act like they oppressed you

Can't wait for these guys ITT to root against Tennessee this year when we celebrate TD's. #sorewinners #classless

They don't "constantly" complain about it. They have an ongoing case. They just handled their business. It's literally no sweat off your sack and here you are complaining about it, but they aren't justified to complain about something that actually pertains to them? The U15 thing has nothing to do with anything.

1) Maybe I expect more out of a team who was criticized earlier from how they acted against Taiwan. Considering the context of this, yes, I believe it was a classless and unnecessary taunt. I can also understand why England would feel the same way. In particular, it came after other criticism that the US was scouting out Englands hotel and facility to book it, should the US beat them. The US ladies want everyone to listen to them, but are tone-deaf in how they respond to their own criticism.

Also, what does it matter if there were other games being played on the same day? Is she scared attention was going to be taken away from the World Cup, when in fact it probably put more attention on the sport of soccer today?

2) Yes, they do complain about it and have been doing it for years...well before this World Cup. They shoot ads about. They do many interviews about. They've continue to whine as if they are oppressed, yet continue to take their paychecks for playing soccer. The boys game is always referenced to make a point that they aren't really that good as the men's team or anywhere near it, but continue to reference how dominant they are, while the men's team has never been close to winning the world cup.

3) Rapinoe is the one who kneels against the flag and uses the media to get attention and perpetuate her agenda. That's fine if that is what she wants to use her platform for. Heck, I don't even like the president, but if you are going to be disrespectful to him and the office, such as by cussing about it, then you are going to receive some deserved backlash. If she wants to be taken respectfully, she needs to act respectful as well.

Can't wait for these guys ITT to root against Tennessee this year when we celebrate TD's. #sorewinners #classless

I don't understand this argument?! There is a difference between celebrating and taunting. Its one thing to taunt against a rival team that your school has a history with. Its a much different culture in international competition, where there is much more respect for your opponent. You are playing against the best in the world who have trained their whole life for this moment. To trash them while doing it is unheard of.

It does make sense. I'm sure Megan Rapinoe is relishing in the US Men losing this game and it is almost a guarentee she will reference it when pandering for more pay.
Hopefully someone reminds her that a 6 player squad of a boys high school team would crush her and her team.

dude..its women's soccer, they deserve the pay they get because the skill level is middle school level at best and in the grand scheme of soccer in the usa, still highly insignificant. They literally only draw a crowd once every 4 years.

The beatdown by 14 year old boys reinforces the idea that they get the pay they deserve. The spin on that was hilarious. Those chicks tried to play lights out and got embarrassed by children. This isn't a new phenomenon..plenty of female national teams have gotten whipped by boys teams not old enough to drive.

Not sure women soccer fans actually know anything about soccer.. or ever played at a post intramural level..

Last edited:
Jozy Altidore is like a microcosm of the entire USMNT.

Lots of hype, does some things initially that get you really interested, no finish.

Come back and grab me when they have 7-8 players the quality of Pulisic. He seems to be the only guy who performs as advertised. IMO, even a guy like Landon Donovan was overrated. Dude was a total flameout in European soccer. Dempsey was probably always the better player, was he not...but got like a tenth of the hype. Dempsey at least was a productive EPL player for several years.

Last edited:
I don't understand this argument?! There is a difference between celebrating and taunting. Its one thing to taunt against a rival team that your school has a history with. Its a much different culture in international competition, where there is much more respect for your opponent. You are playing against the best in the world who have trained their whole life for this moment. To trash them while doing it is unheard of.

Who did they taunt? You don't think Tennessee players taunt? We flipped Bama the double bird. Didn't see our fans start rooting for the other team.

Last edited:
Who did they taunt? You don't think Tennessee players taunt? We flipped Bama the double bird. Didn't see our fans start rooting for the other team.
The annoyance about their "taunting" is 100% from Rapinoe's stance about the anthem. That inserts politics into the discussion, which is a divisive topic by nature. They don't like Rapinoe not standing for the anthem, so they critique everything she does.

If politics wasn't part of the discussion, the USWNT's celebrations and such would be unanimously loved by Americans. They'd only be seen as unseemly by opposing fans. Morgan's tea sip with the raised pinky against England is pretty hilarious - I guess it is also kind of disrespectful, but that's why it's funny. Gaulden's double birds to Bama fans was also hilarious because it was disrespectful. However, I'd also submit that if Gaulden espoused controversial political opinions while he was at Tennessee, there'd be some Tennessee fans who wouldn't see the humor in his double birds. Politics almost always poisons whatever discussion it becomes a part of.

The annoyance about their "taunting" is 100% from Rapinoe's stance about the anthem. That inserts politics into the discussion, which is a divisive topic by nature. They don't like Rapinoe not standing for the anthem, so they critique everything she does.

If politics wasn't part of the discussion, the USWNT's celebrations and such would be unanimously loved by Americans. They'd only be seen as unseemly by opposing fans. Morgan's tea sip with the raised pinky against England is pretty hilarious - I guess it is also kind of disrespectful, but that's why it's funny. Gaulden's double birds to Bama fans was also hilarious because it was disrespectful. However, I'd also submit that if Gaulden espoused controversial political opinions while he was at Tennessee, there'd be some Tennessee fans who wouldn't see the humor in his double birds. Politics almost always poisons whatever discussion it becomes a part of.

Pretty much spot on imo

Reactions: n_huffhines

VN Store

Back