Official Major League Soccer/US Men's National Team Thread

A little bummed. If I still lived in the Bay Area I would be at the game. If they had played the match last Saturday I probably would have gone.

If you are in the Bay Area and there is a match at Avaya, go, it is a great stadium.

Atlanta United was extremely flat losing to DC United 2-0 in the season opener. I still think The Five Stripes will win the MLS Championship for the 2nd straight season.

Going to the Nashville SC game tonight (hopefully with the weather). First soccer game ever.

Maybe this will get me interested. I tried with NYCFC, but being far away it didn't last long lol.

Fans can buy an actual Atlanta United MLS Cup ring. Only $10,700+

Of course they can also buy a replica much cheaper.

MLS coach with some success. His brother is the COO for US Soccer which took over a year to decide on him. They didn't really seem to look at anyone else. We'll see. They haven't really played anything significant yet.
Read up on the guy and the controversy around the hire. Sounds like he is going to try and reinvent the wheel. Not really excited but I admit I love possession oriented soccer if executed properly. Do we have the kind of fundamental talent to do that?

Read up on the guy and the controversy around the hire. Sounds like he is going to try and reinvent the wheel. Not really excited but I admit I love possession oriented soccer if executed properly. Do we have the kind of fundamental talent to do that?
A lot of people are high on some of the younger players (Christian Pulisic, Weston McKennie, and Tyler Adams) who are playing in the Bundesliga. Time will tell if there's enough talent to play that kind of style.

Reactions: orange parmejohn
Berhalter seems like a safe, MLS-driven hire. Does US Soccer want to have a great national team, or do they want to promote MLS? You can't really serve two masters like that.

Also, the USMNT will not be as good as people think they are until they have about 7-8 guys in their starting 11 who are as talented as Pulisic. I don't think it is fair to say that we're a long way from that. Pulisic seems like the only one of these young players that end up being as good as advertised.

My adopted Quakes should be relegated to the USL. Fortunately my first love, DC United -lived there when MLS began, is good again.

VN Store

Back