Official Major League Soccer/US Men's National Team Thread

alright, you have to give Acosta props for tonight. He wasn't perfect by any means and had some bad passes in the first half, but he was pretty solid tonight and had lots of interceptions and a few tackles, besides the great set piece assist
I do give him props for how he played last night. He was very sound defensively, and his positioning was great.

Okay dumb question...does Mexico and the US have split squads one at CONCACAF and one at the Olympics...or is neither participating in Tokyo?

Okay dumb question...does Mexico and the US have split squads one at CONCACAF and one at the Olympics...or is neither participating in Tokyo?

Men’s Olympic soccer is a U23 tournament so it’s more of a B-team/farm team event. Mexico has a squad at the Olympics right now, I think they made the semifinals? Maybe? USA didn’t qualify.

Reactions: VolnJC and MAD
Men’s Olympic soccer is a U23 tournament so it’s more of a B-team/farm team event. Mexico has a squad at the Olympics right now, I think they made the semifinals? Maybe? USA didn’t qualify.
Also each team is allowed 3 players over 23. That’s how Neymar was on the Brazil team when they won gold in Rio. This year because of the pandemic they raised the age to 24

How do you think the Mexico USA rivalry compares to other world rivalries?

The one that comes to mind that is probably bigger is Brazil Argentina.

I would say it’s up there towards the tops as far as hatred. I would assume France and England have a good rivalry but not really sure the other dynamics of those European teams.

Reactions: MAD

As far as fans are concerned, it's way up there. All things considered tho, the overwhelming majority of Americans has no idea USA played Mexico last night, so it's hard to put it over any big rivalry where both countries are culturally fanatical.

Wow, I was so pumped for this game, I started drinking at 3 EST, may or may not have smoked some Grease Monkey, took a muscle-relaxer and was passed out before halftime. I suck and I've gotten old, can't hang anymore, although I think I would have been fine, without the muscle-relaxer. That was my downfall. At least, I shouldn't have a problem finding a replay, today

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Wow, I was so pumped for this game, I started drinking at 3 EST, may or may not have smoked some Grease Monkey, took a muscle-relaxer and was passed out before halftime. I suck and I've gotten old, can't hang anymore, although I think I would have been fine, without the muscle-relaxer. That was my downfall. At least, I shouldn't have a problem finding a replay, today

It was also 2 days ago, FYI.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
In a pinch, an early afternoon nap is a good way to prepare for a long night also.

Reactions: The Dog

VN Store

Back