Official Lane Kiffin thread 1

“Wouldn’t teach the maxims”...FFS...the General ain’t coming back fella...you can be a great coach and not subscribe to football dogma from 80 yrs ago

Wow.

That reminds me, didn't kiffin replace a picture of Jamal Lewis with one of Reggie Bush?

Who you got then? I want to hear your best option and then we will compare. Yes he had issues but we were a hell of a lot better at that time even at 7 and 6 then this half run joke we are having to go through at present

It doesn’t matter because Kiffin won’t ever be hired in Knoxville. Even Ergen and Thornton are against it. Nobody on campus or the boosters will touch Kiffin. Jeezus. Look I wish they hire him, but they won’t.

You are throwing the entire “coach with integrity” thing out the window and proving the media is right.

It doesn’t matter because Kiffin won’t ever be hired in Knoxville. Even Ergen and Thornton are against it. Nobody on campus or the boosters will touch Kiffin. Jeezus. Look I wish they hire him, but they won’t.

You are throwing the entire “coach with integrity” thing out the window and proving the media is right.

This thread is exhibit A.

Last edited:

Yes I know that is why it is what it is today because of an administration that has basically let ever team affiliated at this college look like a bye on other schools schedules or go ahead and mark as a win. Because they do not care just show up go 7 and 5 spend your money at a mid December bowl game and listen to the yearly bs hype that is given every off season and then this absolute joke of a semi hiring. Yes good luck with the integrity bs they are looking for. It is pretty prominent

Reactions: 1 person
A coach with a 62% winning record as a P5 head coach would be "splash hire"?

Lol, he's O Fer two in bowl games.

Big on talk short on accomplishments.

He's publicly emasculated our university and he was eventually dumped. This fan base is full of cucks.

In case you hadn't noticed, we don't have a lot of options right about now. We may have to swallow hard and bring him back. In his case, it's more about the devil you know vs the one you don't. Don't tell me you still think UT is capable of getting a big name coach given the events of the last 48 hours? UT is a damaged brand. We are bottom of the barrel and a "hot mess". The only people we can entice to become our coach will be lessor known guys, guys with baggage, and/or guys who are coordinators. This job is now a nearly impossible sell to coaches. Kiffin knows the program. He knows the SEC. He can handle the spotlight. He can recruit. He knows the potential we have....and he can coach. Is he Patterson or Peterson? No, but again, we are bottom shelf right now and prospects aren't bright. Kiffin might be the best coach we can get at this point in time.

Yet the administration was going to hire a coach from pedophile university. The 18 to 20 year olds that we recruit love his twitter stuff and his cocky brash personality . maybe its time that we hire someone they like instead of someone we like . We would love him if in 4 or 5 years we are winning an SEC title. I really think he could do it in 4 with the right staff

Last edited:

If Schiano hadn't happened, Kiffin might have had an outside chance. As it stands, there's no way Currie has the clout or stones to push Kiffin as the choice. I see Brohm as the last man standing. Hope he's the answer, but I think we've seen the last of UT as a contender for the SEC east for a good long time.

In case you hadn't noticed, we don't have a lot of options right about now. We may have to swallow hard and bring him back. In his case, it's more about the devil you know vs the one you don't. Don't tell me you still think UT is capable of getting a big name coach given the events of the last 48 hours? UT is a damaged brand. We are bottom of the barrel and a "hot mess". The only people we can entice to become our coach will be lessor known guys, guys with baggage, and/or guys who are coordinators. This job is now a nearly impossible sell to coaches. Kiffin knows the program. He knows the SEC. He can handle the spotlight. He can recruit. He knows the potential we have....and he can coach. Is he Patterson or Peterson? No, but again, we are bottom shelf right now and prospects aren't bright. Kiffin might be the best coach we can get at this point in time.

Kiffin isn't any better than Hoke. Shoop and Scott should have been fired at half time of the UF game.

Coaches will listen to any university that has the ability to pay $6mm a year plus.

Kiffin isn't any better than Hoke. Shoop and Scott should have been fired at half time of the UF game.

Coaches will listen to any university that has the ability to pay $6mm a year plus.

Yeah Larry, moe and curly just got you 8 loses a record might I add I bet you any amount that Kiffin with this team for this year there would not have been 8 losses even with these 3 clowns on the staff

Yeah Larry, moe and curly just got you 8 loses a record might I add I bet you any amount that Kiffin with this team for this year there would not have been 8 losses even with these 3 clowns on the staff

You got a lot of faith in a coach that couldn't win with all the talent at USC against non SEC teams.
Kiffen is immature and will likely never grow up.

Do you even punctuate?

Kiffin is an average coach. If he were better, he wouldn't be at FAU.

"splash hire", lol.

He’s trolling Tennessee on Twitter as we speak. Too immature to be a head coach. Has failed everywhere as the top guy. Great OC but you can’t trust him as a Head Coach. Bring in a guy like Cutcliffe with Tee Martin as OC/ coach in waiting.

Not true at all about failing everywhere. Just absolutely not true

You got a lot of faith in a coach that couldn't win with all the talent at USC against non SEC teams.
Kiffen is immature and will likely never grow up.

He never had a losing record at USC. Even with sanctions. He was even 3-2 when fired mid-season.

I think he turns us down... I would take him for sure, but if he turns us down we are going to get trolled unlike anything before.

VN Store

Back