Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pressure from all sides forces Big Jim into a corner. Currie acknowledges Big Jim was behind the Schiano deal. Freed up now to do his job the way he wants, Currie hires Gruden. Currie, hero at the final hour.

Reactions: 2 people
Drop Currie to save their own hides / That - thump thump - was the sound of the Haslam bus running over him

Exactly. Sounds like Currie is about to take the fall. First Davenport and now Haslam. This actually could be the shift we’ve been wanting.

Missed my stop again...
mmHwQUD.gif

Reactions: 3 people
Sorry if this question has been posted already.

If we are getting hammered for not hiring Schiano, shouldn't every university with a HC vacancy be asked if they interviewed him? And if not, why not?

Really hoping for the Urban, chest pain/need to spend more time with family spill soon...then we will see if OSU and Herbstreit put their money where their mouth is in regards to Schiano being a great coach to lead the team and hire him!

Reactions: 5 people
Safe to assume the Petersen talk was yet another VN wet dream? Who did we actually try to hire before going dumpster diving for Schiano?

Reactions: 2 people
correct me if i'm wrong knuck, i don't think we the sheeple can do anything about haslam, can we?

currie, i do.
maybe even davenport if necessary.
haslam? i think that's on the beavers and atlanta vols and ergens of the world to tackle.

am i wrong?

at some point, Tennessee state legislators could very well become involved in this as UT is a state institution.

so public opinion and pressure is an extremely valuable resource in the fight to break the Haslam influence.

Reactions: 1 person
Pressure from all sides forces Big Jim into a corner. Currie acknowledges Big Jim was behind the Schiano deal. Freed up now to do his job the way he wants, Currie hires Gruden. Currie, hero at the final hour.

its plausible, more realistic if Blackburn comes on board.........

Reactions: 3 people
Now JG dad adding fuel to the fire on Twitter. Basically said we (fans) opened Pandoras Box and if players don’t like the new hire, but the fans do, players will protest. What an effin sxxx storm.

He's just saying that because JG wanted Schiano. I doubt the rest of them feel that way. It's not like JG has a ton of influence over the rest of the team. He's not Josh Dobbs.

I don’t know but I know a lot of angry people with deep pockets want him out. The group I hangout with had a teleconference last night and all agreed we were ready to back out if GS was hired. We elected our highest ranking booster to contact the AD and tell them. All of us together is a very significant amount of money. I don’t know if we are going to pull that card again for Currie but I know we are going to talk again in the next couple of days. You have to be careful with the nuclear option. I know that several of us today have talked to reps of the AD and expressed the Currie needs to be out.

Who exactly is reps of the AD? AD as in those that Currie is the boss of?
So if your group won't pull that card again & the fans can only do so much, then we lose. That's not very encouraging. I guess those who count don't want him out as much as we thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back