Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id like to send an email but I'm not good with words

Here you go, Dudley. Anyone else, feel free to copy/paste:

"Dear Chancellor Davenport,

I am writing you today to voice my extreme displeasure with the actions of leadership at the University of Tennessee yesterday. Specifically, the actions of Athletic Director John Currie in pursuing an unvetted and reckless agenda to hire an individual with serious questions as to his fitness to represent our University as its head football coach.

I wish to inform you that I can no longer support the University that I love through my actions or my financial contributions, so long as John Currie is employed as Athletic Director. I will reconsider this decision at such time as he is no longer employed by the University.

Yours sincerely,"

Modify to fit your level of commitment.

Let's do this.

Reactions: 8 people
Has Atlanta Vol been by today? If so could someone please update me on what he's said.

Sorry I haven't had time to read, I've been making calls and emailing as many people as I can

Reactions: 5 people
In the words of Blackberry Smoke, kinda sums up a Volunteer Fan right now:

Well my fall from grace was a sight to see
Good turned to bad and bad turned to misery
I found out what it is and what it's not
And all I ask for sure ain't what I got,

Well I've been rained on, rode hard and put up wet
Danced with the devil 'till I'm in debt
Took all I got and there ain't much left of me
I've been knocked down, drug out and left for dead
Barely held together by a few old threads
And I'm still here there ain't much left to see,

Thought that I hit bottom but I ain't there yet
'Cause you'd be surprised of how low a man can get
I watched stolen dreams slip through my hands
And now I'm getting out of here while I still can

Reactions: 3 people
okay, last time i'll bother y'all with this.
we need to do something besides chat amongst ourselves.

once we've made calls and emails and such, then commence the chit chat. but please, volnation, please, take a few minutes and at least try to voice your displeasure to someone besides ourselves.

please.
I forewarded my November 8 email (sent to Lee Patouillet, Associate Vice Chancellor of Alumni Affairs, regarding withholding future contributions based on coaching situation) to the Chancellor and added additional comments relative to Currie's employment.

Lee's direct email, is:
Lpatouil@utk.edu

Reactions: 2 people
If that happened, not only would this change the public perception of the fans, but it would also change the public perception of the AD.

Right now, it's oh the fans were just being spoiled brats, if Gruden came out and said this, and implicated certain people, you better believe the media would back stroking faster than Michael Phelps in the olympics

Tonight would be a great night lol

Has Atlanta Vol been by today? If so could someone please update me on what he's said.

Sorry I haven't had time to read, I've been making calls and emailing as many people as I can

there's a thread out there dedicated to it.

I disagree but not for the reason one might expect. I think the search for a coach should be put on hold for now.

There is a lot of bloodletting that needs to take place among the boosters/UTAD. I think that needs to play itself out, as painful as it will be to watch. After the dust settles, then go find a coach. If we make a decision now, it will likely be a bad one.

I agree.... keep the coaching staff we now have on the job as long as we can and clean house... after that is done... start a brand new coaching search, but don't LET Currie hire the next coach

I am writing you today to voice my extreme displeasure with the actions of leadership at the University of Tennessee yesterday. Specifically, the actions of Athletic Director John Currie in pursuing an unvetted and reckless agenda to hire an individual with serious questions as to his fitness to represent our University as its head football coach.

I wish to inform you that I can no longer support the University that I love through my actions or my financial contributions, so long as John Currie is employed as Athletic Director. I will reconsider this decision at such time as he is no longer employed by the University.

Yours sincerely,"

Let's do this.

Thank you!

In the words of Blackberry Smoke, kinda sums up a Volunteer Fan right now:

Well my fall from grace was a sight to see
Good turned to bad and bad turned to misery
I found out what it is and what it's not
And all I ask for sure ain't what I got,

Well I've been rained on, rode hard and put up wet
Danced with the devil 'till I'm in debt
Took all I got and there ain't much left of me
I've been knocked down, drug out and left for dead
Barely held together by a few old threads
And I'm still here there ain't much left to see,

Thought that I hit bottom but I ain't there yet
'Cause you'd be surprised of how low a man can get
I watched stolen dreams slip through my hands
And now I'm getting out of here while I still can

My favorite band!! See we are good people around here. Who cares what Stephen A Smith says 😂

Reactions: 2 people
Good Tweet by Rucker!

WES RUCKER @wesrucker247

It is absolutely, positively 100 percent reasonable to not want your football program associated with anyone associated with the Paterno/Sandusky era of Penn State football.

Many in the national media today are really disappointing me.

Reactions: 30 people

Yours sincerely,"

Let's do this.

We also need to send to the Knoxville media. National media too if we could.

Reactions: 1 person

Yeah, basically said that no one knew about Schiano until the zero hour, said this was likely Currie's(Haslam's) plan. He's headed to ktown now for some sort of meeting of big money boosters or something to that effect.

Yea because unfortunately it's not honor, integrity, or prestige... Just money.... "oh bama is unstoppable and FL has beat us every year and we lose to vandy... Oh well at least we are getting more money.. Oh wait don't forget.. #gbo"

Yep. Otherwise they would tell Haslam to go kick rocks. It all comes down to money. The powers at UT don't give a flying **** about the football program anymore as long as it's bringing in money. That's why we need some VFL blood in the administration.

My email to Davenport

“Yes,

I’m an alum who lives in Dayton. Mam, you were at UC I understand. I thought that might be a good thing when I read about you in the Torchbearer. But, as Mr. Lee Corso says, not so fast my friend.

The mere fact that you can allow, in your position as Chancellor, John Currie as Athletics Director, to continue to degrade our beloved football program and esteemed University is beyond irresponsible. He needs to be fired immediately, if not sooner. The mighty University of Tennessee can do without your reprehensible lack of leadership. In fact, you too should resign immediately, if not sooner. I will not send another cent to my alma mater until the “House of Haslam”, which includes you and Currie, is completely removed. The stain you and John Currie have put on the Hill will be hard to remove. But the stench has to go, and it has to go now!

Thank you, and good day Mam.

Gary”

You need to send that to utpresident@tennessee.edu as well!

Good Tweet by Rucker!

WES RUCKER @wesrucker247

It is absolutely, positively 100 percent reasonable to not want your football program associated with anyone associated with the Paterno/Sandusky era of Penn State football.

Many in the national media today are really disappointing me.

How is that not understood by more people?

Reactions: 4 people
Yesterday WE saw how effective that the Tennessee fan base can be. If we continue with Bev and Currie, the fans have CAN have a say,(and as much as I hate to say this) an empty stadium gets more attention than they would ever want.

Reactions: 11 people
This right here Boro. Give it to Cut or Fulmer and let them bring in all VFLs for their coordinators and position coaches.

The Orange and White blood is more important right now.

If we're going to have average results, even for a period of time, let it be with a VFL. We can live with that, and be proud of our program.

Reactions: 15 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back