Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when athletes choose to kneel during the national anthem to protest an injustice, it's social justice warriors fighting for a good cause, but when Tennesseans speak out via Twitter about a coach they don't want, whether because he isn't very good or might have enabled rape, it's entitled hillbillies being irrational? Ok.

Reactions: 19 people
Firing Currie and Davenport is a start, but the biggest problem with our University is Haslam's influence...he pulled all the strings. Need to start cleaning house at the top.

The ONLY way to do that is to remove the people connected to the strings. Haslam cannot be fired or removed. Disassociated maybe, but that would be difficult.

From poster on TOS about QB club meeting today

"Jimmy Hyams spoke . Mullens played Currie, why did Currie go the Bahamas and not keep pressure on Mullens to become UT coach???
Was Memo of Understanding signed by President and Chancellor? Don't know.
Currie, Jim Haslam and Peyton Manning approved of Scharino. Peyton contacted former players to get behind the hire.
Hyams asked the audience if anyone would want to hire Kiffin and ONLY 1 hand out 250 raised their hand to hire Kiffin
No Interm coach
The only way for people to get behind this new coach is by Winning fb games.
Where will UT go for a coach? Don't know
Cutcliffe is 63 years old and is he up to the challenge. Cut would have taken job after Kiffin left if he had been offered the job.
We don't have quality players to compete with other power teams in this league. Lossing 4 players to the NFL killed this team this year.
People spoke up about Jim Haslam hurting this program regardless of all the good he has done for the University.
Jim Haslam walked Currie into the Board meeting and said Currie was the new Athletic Director and Anderson said no and walked out the door and slammed the door behind him.
Les Miles has contacted a UT booster about the job.
John Majors likes Schiano"

Haslam has been strong arming our University to fit his agenda. He has got to GO now along with Currie! I urge everyone to not give up until he and Currie are dismantled from their positions

Wow I applaud anderson

Reactions: 4 people
Do you think that if Gruden came out and say "yeah I did want to coach there and thought everything was good to go," that said leadership would be outsed just a little quicker. JMO

If that happened, not only would this change the public perception of the fans, but it would also change the public perception of the AD.

Right now, it's oh the fans were just being spoiled brats, if Gruden came out and said this, and implicated certain people, you better believe the media would back stroking faster than Michael Phelps in the olympics

Reactions: 3 people

"Jimmy Hyams spoke . Mullens played Currie, why did Currie go the Bahamas and not keep pressure on Mullens to become UT coach???
Currie, Jim Haslam and Peyton Manning approved of Scharino. Peyton contacted former players to get behind the hire.
Hyams asked the audience if anyone would want to hire Kiffin and ONLY 1 hand out 250 raised their hand to hire Kiffin
No Interm coach
Cutcliffe is 63 years old and is he up to the challenge. Cut would have taken job after Kiffin left if he had been offered the job.
We don't have quality players to compete with other power teams in this league. Lossing 4 players to the NFL killed this team this year.
People spoke up about Jim Haslam hurting this program regardless of all the good he has done for the University.
Jim Haslam walked Currie into the Board meeting and said Currie was the new Athletic Director and Anderson said no and walked out the door and slammed the door behind him.

Haslam has been strong arming our University to fit his agenda. He has got to GO now along with Currie! I urge everyone to not give up until he and Currie are dismantled from their positions

And it's hilarious because he's now ruined 2 football programs. When would a guy learn?

No Interm coach

Not much good there, except people hating on Haslam. Cutclife? WTF?

Do you think that if Gruden came out and say "yeah I did want to coach there and thought everything was good to go," that said leadership would be outsed just a little quicker. JMO

We could only hope something like that could happen, I really believe now he was never offered the job in a serious way.

This is a **** sandwich in the middle of a **** storm, and I really think it will get worse before it gets better.

I did my part and send my emails and sent emails to the Tennessee fund I hope everyone here does the same.

Reactions: 1 person
The ONLY way to do that is to remove the people connected to the strings. Haslam cannot be fired or removed. Disassociated maybe, but that would be difficult.

At some point you just tell him thanks but no thanks. Keep your money.

That would put a strain on the budget, but would free the university of a lot of turmoil.

Guys, I’m as dejected and depressed as one could be in this situation. But the one silver lining is that we are strong when we unite. Knowing that, it gives me hope that we can still make a solid hire and can remove those that don’t have our best interests in heart.

Judging by several boosters reactions, it is clear that there is an attempt to make this happen. It’s our jobs to keep our voices loud enough to be heard, and not dismissed. Keep the pressure up on social media, it obviously is a great weapon for us to use. Don’t let the media make the narrative about us being spoiled, or entitled as they are trying to do, not without a fight.

It’s time for us to help make this change, along with everyone in AD who didn’t want this to happen, and all our alumni and boosters who are fighting so hard for us as well.

Go Vols!!!

Reactions: 2 people
The fans speaking out with fury is computing to lots of lost dollar signs. Biggest motivator in any big business.

Yea because unfortunately it's not honor, integrity, or prestige... Just money.... "oh bama is unstoppable and FL has beat us every year and we lose to vandy... Oh well at least we are getting more money.. Oh wait don't forget.. #gbo"

ESPN radio host Stephen Smith said we was disgusting people. One caller lived 45 minutes from Knox and said he could not stand the people. I screamed at radio and to them to gtfo

I think if Gruden does truly have any love for UT and Knoxville a statement would be nice right about now, but he owes us nothing, but, it would be nice of him to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back