Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Alabama playing old school PS2 NCAA where you can turn penalties off I guess. Ground to no one, drag a dude by his ear hole, this all looks fine to me!

^^^^^this.

If gumps win this game barn fans have a right to raise Cain.

Intentional grounding...facemasks...you name it. Refs will not let bama lose. Barn gonna have to beat 11 players and 4 refs like us vs Ole Miss

May God bless you and your family AM64. Glad you told us about the procedure so we know what you're up against. Try to be positive about the outcome and healing...it has been proven repeatedly to help get good results. P

In case I don't get a chance to tell the rest of the posse later...Happy Thanksgiving to each of my VN brethren. I am thankful to have yall as a means of learning...fellowship..encouragement...and laughter. Appreciate yall putting up with me for years. I have just been in a bad place the last couple years...hope I havent offended yall (except the commies) though i lurk mostly and average less than 1 post per day, I am here every single day to read your posts and learn. I dont watch TV news so this forum is where i learn about most current events. Appreciate yall posting links especially.

Thanks guys and GO VOLS

The heart cath went well, and no surprises in the results. The surgeon called on the drive to check in on me and to schedule the aortic valve replacement. That will be the middle of Dec. I have to ask if the people who make the valves give out stickers or badges like some car companies do to indicate it's your second or third ... All in all I look at this as mechanical and hydraulics - so understandable if you don't figure in possible complications; I'm a lot less comfortable with things that are more biological and less understandable - like what you went through recently. One thing about it, though, any thoughts of modesty never make it through the hospital door.

You can do it! My father had aortic valve replacement at 78 years old and did fine. He had the open heart, pig valve, kind not the TAVRS they do now. Mick Jagger got the TAVRS for his valve and was up chasing this 34 year old in just a few days:

33150336-8729911-Mick_Jagger_s_girlfriend_Melanie_Hamrick_34_shows_off_her_toned_-a-11_1600066784818.jpg

Thanks for the encouragement; I'm so glad to have been born at a time when this technology makes so many things possible. This will be my second valve. The first was open heart, and this one will be TAVR. Not sure what the material will be this time - whether I'll want to oink or moo. The first was bovine and lasted 19 years. The open heart that I had years ago went well - just the issue of sneezes or coughs especially if you couldn't find the pillow in time. You definitely notice the improvement after the replacement. I was born with a defective valve that became noticeable in my early 30s and had to be replaced in my mid 50s; at 75, I'm still a bit younger than your dad was. I'm just wondering if there will be a third one some day.

I haven't seen 64 post since he told us about the valve surgery, hopefully he's doing okay.

Me too.
@AM64 holler at us when you feel like it and your wife gives you permission.

Doing great. We drove over to my brother's in South Carolina for Thanksgiving. I wound up driving - felt a lot safer than my wife's driving - she still has some leftover covid problems - like balance. Got back home last night in time to stream the game and go back to the start even. It was a nice drive through the mountains and along the Ocoee; I avoid the interstate like the plague even if it is faster some of the time.

Doing great. We drove over to my brother's in South Carolina for Thanksgiving. I wound up driving - felt a lot safer than my wife's driving - she still has some leftover covid problems - like balance. Got back home last night in time to stream the game and go back to the start even. It was a nice drive through the mountains and along the Ocoee; I avoid the interstate like the plague even if it is faster some of the time.
Good to see you back, hopefully your next surgery will be uneventful as well. I can honestly say that getting my heart operated on would freak me out.

Glad everything went well. Now, make sure you behave yourself and do what you wife commands. :p

Reactions: StarRaider and AM64
Came across this again today. Always brings a smile to my face hearing Brian Shul recount this.

My brother and I were laughing about that yesterday. My dad was a fighter pilot, and that's all I ever wanted to be growing up, but I was very nearsighted, so never to be. It all worked for my brother he flew mostly fighters for 20 years, retired from the AF, and flew about 20 more for Delta, so anytime we get together the discussion always gets around to planes and flying. SR-71s flew out of Kadena AFB Okinawa in the late 60s and 70s when I was stationed there, so I saw them fairly often on the ground, a few times on Hawk radar, and very rarely in the air. They are so different; you just never get over looking at them - a beautiful airplane. The Habu name comes from Okinawa - it's a poisonous snake found there - considered to be somewhat nocturnal and aggressive.

There's another story I think on YouTube about an SR-71 crew returning to Okinawa from Vietnam. It seems like on a couple of different missions as they were slowing down and descending the engines flamed out - had to do with something like a variation in air density over Asia vs over the US where things were originally tested. Anyway the pilot claims the record for the most time in a supersonic glide. Pilots always have lots of interesting stories - most (or at least some) even true.

I am glad we are playing Vandy....how do you screw up when you are sent in the game ONLY TO hand the ball off...

Well qe finally stopped a 4th down....send that 3rd string non scholarship walk on QB in there....Joe cant handle it

After watching the replay of the Vandy game today (since I missed most of it) the TV camera has shown the TN Vols cheerleaders on the sidelines on some close-ups. Dang, when did they get those good looking girls to cheer on our beloved Vols. I don't remember them the last couple of years being that attractive..

Good to see you back, hopefully your next surgery will be uneventful as well. I can honestly say that getting my heart operated on would freak me out.

I didn't let it bother me a lot the first valve replacement; I did get the jitters a time or two, but I have to admit on the way to the hospital, I did consider the possibility that I might be looking at things for the last time. What bothers me most is the risk of a stroke related to the procedure, but I'm in the 1-2% range. I still think back to having either when my tonsils were removed as a kid, and having to remind myself that anesthesia is nothing like that today - even after anesthesia a couple of times this last month. I did not like being on a ventilator after the first surgery even though I was completely aware and it worked fine ... until I apparently bit down on the tube and cut off the air supply - didn't figure that out until some time later after someone else mentioned it.

I didn't let it bother me a lot the first valve replacement; I did get the jitters a time or two, but I have to admit on the way to the hospital, I did consider the possibility that I might be looking at things for the last time. What bothers me most is the risk of a stroke related to the procedure, but I'm in the 1-2% range. I still think back to having either when my tonsils were removed as a kid, and having to remind myself that anesthesia is nothing like that today - even after anesthesia a couple of times this last month. I did not like being on a ventilator after the first surgery even though I was completely aware and it worked fine ... until I apparently bit down on the tube and cut off the air supply - didn't figure that out until some time later after someone else mentioned it.

Welcome Back, Mr. Kotter. Hope you can stay around for a long time.

Heupel isn’t going anywhere. The main board is in full blown meltdown mode. It’s like watching the liberals after Trump beat Hillary.
Based on how he left and the frosty relationship with Stoops and the AD still there that fired him I don’t think it makes sense. But then I never considered Riley to USC either. However THAT makes a lot more sense than Riley to anywhere else he will have a softer path to the natty game in the PAC12 than at OU after they join the SEC.

I'll admit I'm wrong. I did not see this Riley to USC thing coming.
I found an article from back in Sept that speculated it but they also thought it unlikely they figured he’d be more likely to head to the NFL like Kingsbury.

That being said it goes to show how manic depressive this fan base is in going from being underwhelmed with the hire in March to sweating that he’s such a hot commodity that OU will come calling in November 😂

That being said I’m glad the OU job is open now and not a year or two.

VN Store

Back