Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Don't know how many of you have seen it, but if you are driving TN 111 coming up from the Sequatchie River Valley toward Chattanooga, at the top there's a great place to launch hang gliders. I haven't seen many in several years. Yesterday was amazing; I could easily believe there were 50 hang gliders in the air - I've never seen that many before - not even close. If somebody said more, I'd believe that, too. The trees up on the plateau are really starting to do their thing - some really bright reds and golds.

There should be a law that says if you own a device that holds files that you should be able to transfer files via a connection or you have the right to string up the developers by their balls ... if they have any. I could hook my Nook reader to my computer via USB, I can manage books to my iPad with an Apple compatible thumb drive (painfully), my wife wants a book and her Kindle can't be sideloaded and won't talk to the either ... argh - my problem - gotta be the router - the same one I'm using to connect to VN. What we really need is a good ole fashioned revolt against the digital electronics industry and regain some control over our own damn devices.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
There should be a law that says if you own a device that holds files that you should be able to transfer files via a connection or you have the right to string up the developers by their balls ... if they have any. I could hook my Nook reader to my computer via USB, I can manage books to my iPad with an Apple compatible thumb drive (painfully), my wife wants a book and her Kindle can't be sideloaded and won't talk to the either ... argh - my problem - gotta be the router - the same one I'm using to connect to VN. What we really need is a good ole fashioned revolt against the digital electronics industry and regain some control over our own damn devices.

Sir, this is why we don't mix different OS's in the same house.

Reactions: AM64
A broken clock is right twice a day 🤷‍♂️

I hate to tell you, but since this is Tennessee football, it could be a 24 hour clock and right only once a day.

There was some good stuff happening on the field last night. Hopefully things will go better; the signs are there. I've been amazed by the defense this year - that's been a very nice surprise. I never expected the level of play they've been showing especially considering the lack of spare parts. The most frustrating thing is watching QBs who seem to run around at will and nobody gets a hand on them most of the time, but Young did find himself deep behind the Bama line on his butt a couple of times. The fourth and sometimes third quarter against good teams are going to be tough to watch until we get some more players.

I hate to tell you, but since this is Tennessee football, it could be a 24 hour clock and right only once a day.

There was some good stuff happening on the field last night. Hopefully things will go better; the signs are there. I've been amazed by the defense this year - that's been a very nice surprise. I never expected the level of play they've been showing especially considering the lack of spare parts. The most frustrating thing is watching QBs who seem to run around at will and nobody gets a hand on them most of the time, but Young did find himself deep behind the Bama line on his butt a couple of times. The fourth and sometimes third quarter against good teams are going to be tough to watch until we get some more players.
I’m really looking forward to see how a Hype team full of scholly players and juniors he’s developed plays.

I’m really looking forward to see how a Hype team full of scholly players and juniors he’s developed plays.
I've been pleasantly surprised with how hard the team plays and how well the defense has done under him. I expected the offense to improve, but I didn't expect the defense to improve. If he keeps things going in the next couple of years, the SEC is going to have another team to dread playing.

Me, too. I like what Hype and Sam Pittman have done, but sometimes you have to wonder if it really is for the long term or just an enthusiastic bubble. I get the feeling Hype may be a long term good decision, but I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't either. Time will tell.

LSU and Clemson seemed to be on their way - until they weren't. Imagine if Swinney doesn't get it fixed at Clemson; it's why with very very few exceptions, I've ever considered coaches to be "sure things". Historically speaking there have been few football dynasties, the old ones probably had a lot to do with different rules with regard to grabbing players, and of the newer ones you have to wonder which are true examples of coaching and which are hot teams simply attracting hot new recruits and moderately successful coaches making the best of it. I'd bet a lot of coaches could find success at Bama considering the stocked cabinets and great recruits waiting to get in ... and with NIL, legal ways to buy the best.

No, not calling for him to be fired. That will take care of itself if recruiting doesn’t improve.
I think if we just channel the our Al Davis it will take care of itself. Just win baby.

If Hype gets us to 10-2/9-3 area quickly while taking the gumps, leg humpers, and lizards to the wire in the next two years then Tennessee will start drawing again. I mean he can’t be a total idiot at recruiting but if he’s an average recruiter while having the Vols challenge for the East kids will be interested in Tennessee. Our facilities are amazing and from what I’ve read are a big plus in recruiting.

I agree, but what do you think we should do, fire his ass?. Until the NCAA overlords lay hands and put down a sentence, we can't do crap.

Did you see the movie "Flight of the Intruder"? A crew went off the reservation and bombed downtown Hanoi which was strictly off limits. So there was an inquiry and the beginnings of a court martial. If you remember him, Fred Thompson was presiding. During the middle of things, orders came down to bomb downtown Hanoi, and Thompson delivered a great line when he announced they were off the hook, "We'd look like real idiots if we court-martialed an A-6 crew for doing what the President of the United States just told us to do."

That's like the way I see the problem with proceeding against TN on slipping recruits money now that NIL has been passed. And worse NIL isn't somehow being limited to minor amounts. There's apparently nothing that would prevent boosters from slipping players bags of cash in a bag ... so why not recruits. This is Pandora's box and they'd be fools to press Tennessee on it. If it's illegal to pay recruits, then a little promissory note to pay the recruit as a player if he signs on the dotted line. I'm against paying players or recruits, and I'd side with the NCAA against UT because Pruitt and Co were too stupid to get away with it apparently, but the new rule just rewarded the graft, so UT should slide.

VN Store

Back