Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Have you looked into cataract surgery lately? I used to bitch and moan about the "quality" of TV pictures until I realized it was my eyes and not the TV that was to blame. My second cataract eye surgery is coming up.

I have, and it went great. Within a couple of years, you may have to have a laser procedure to zap the back of the capsule - it tends to cloud after the first surgery.

Thanks for the info. I’m not interested in paying more for the same alcohol in a different bottle, although I do understand and appreciate the monumental significance of that particular cask date. I hope you’re able to enjoy it tonight during a huge UT upset win.
I recommend just regular bottle Woodford Reserve. Two people have commented on it in the last few posts. Yes I’ll keep this bottle long after it’s empty.

Have you looked into cataract surgery lately? I used to bitch and moan about the "quality" of TV pictures until I realized it was my eyes and not the TV that was to blame. My second cataract eye surgery is coming up.

Apparently 4K problems are an issue with Amazon programming - there are an endless string of complaints. If it's free for you, check out Goliath Season 4 Ep1 - I'd be interested in your opinion - like I said I'll have to check it out on my other system for my own comparison. BTW Goliath is Billy Bob Thornton. It's a good series with the appropriate amount of Billy Bob Thornton craziness. If you make the adjustments to watch their 4K programming, then everything else is probably unwatchable - don't want to have to change all the video setting for selected programming.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Apparently 4K problems are an issue with Amazon programming - there are an endless string of complaints. If it's free for you, check out Goliath Season 4 Ep1 - I'd be interested in your opinion - like I said I'll have to check it out on my other system for my own comparison. BTW Goliath is Billy Bob Thornton. It's a good series with the appropriate amount of Billy Bob Thornton craziness. If you make the adjustments to watch their 4K programming, then everything else is probably unwatchable - don't want to have to change all the video setting for selected programming.
I'm not much of a videophile, I'm still using a 2009 46" Samsung 1080p TV as my main set. It was "state of the art" when I bought it, but I haven't found much worth watching to justify replacing it for the 5 hours a week I actually watch it. It's mainly on for background noise.

I'm not much of a videophile, I'm still using a 2009 46" Samsung 1080p TV as my main set. It was "state of the art" when I bought it, but I haven't found much worth watching to justify replacing it for the 5 hours a week I actually watch it. It's mainly on for background noise.

I'm not either. I think the TV at the other house has been unused since last football season. In fact, I generally unplug it before I leave, and I made several trips over in the last year and never plugged anything back in - even the X-Box, bet when I turn that on it will take forever to do all it's updates. You know that thing about autonomous vehicles in another thread - just imagine MS style updates.

I took an Uber home from Carmax. The guy has been driving for them for 5 or more years and averages 90K miles a year!

Claimed he grossed about 88K a year doing it - he was 65 years old.

I don’t get the cost to profit ratio though.

Unless you can get 300k miles out of your car then you are buying a new car almost ever 2 years which would eat into the profits greatly.

I'm not either. I think the TV at the other house has been unused since last football season. In fact, I generally unplug it before I leave, and I made several trips over in the last year and never plugged anything back in - even the X-Box, bet when I turn that on it will take forever to do all it's updates. You know that thing about autonomous vehicles in another thread - just imagine MS style updates.
The one thing that I like about Apple products is they don't take over your device when they are powered up to install updates like windoze does. It works quietly in the background and eventually will install and you never know it. With windows updates it will commandeer 99.999% of the available cpu cycles to do what it wants and screw you if you want to actually use your own computer until 6 hours later when it gets done.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
@McDad

612.jpeg
Love it

I got pizzed and was ranting and raving about that BLATANT holding by Gump no79 (from both camera angles, with 2 refs staring at the foul) then I remembered the situation:

We are playing the cash cow Gumps and the only way we will beat them or UGly is if we beat them AND the refs.....cheating mfers...

TD good guys!!!!!! Hahahaha

VN Store

Back