Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Hell no....It’s difficult to do much of anything....like typing. Had to break out the ipad
Ok so I’m struggling to just use one arm sounds like I’m not the only one. I don’t lift anything or raise my arm but my lower arm and hand just won’t stay out of things. It’s just automatic and I wind up using my bad arm.

Ok so I’m struggling to just use one arm sounds like I’m not the only one. I don’t lift anything or raise my arm but my lower arm and hand just won’t stay out of things. It’s just automatic and I wind up using my bad arm.
Carry something extremely light. My dad kept a small ball of loose yarn/string in his hand. Just something light that you can feel, helps cur down on the natural reaction to use it if it's already doing something else. You dont have to make a real fist to hold it. You can even loosely tie it around the wrist (wife can) and let the loose end sit in your hand.

Carry something extremely light. My dad kept a small ball of loose yarn/string in his hand. Just something light that you can feel, helps cur down on the natural reaction to use it if it's already doing something else. You dont have to make a real fist to hold it. You can even loosely tie it around the wrist (wife can) and let the loose end sit in your hand.
Bob Dole used a pen in his hand.

Damn that’s a great idea thanks louder

Hell no....It’s difficult to do much of anything....like typing. Had to break out the ipad

Glad you are doing reasonably well. It's just a pain. When I had the right shoulder fixed, I decided the left handed diet was the most effective diet plan going. First eating with the left hand is slow, so the stomach said enough before the eyes did. Then between the appetite loss and being frustrated, I'd just stop eating. And there's no way to cut meat. My wife was gone most of the time on active duty, but when he was home from school, my son would feel sorry for me and cut up food ... and scoop ice cream - you can't do that one handed either.

Glad you are doing reasonably well. It's just a pain. When I had the right shoulder fixed, I decided the left handed diet was the most effective diet plan going. First eating with the left hand is slow, so the stomach said enough before the eyes did. Then between the appetite loss and being frustrated, I'd just stop eating. And there's no way to cut meat. My wife was gone most of the time on active duty, but when he was home from school, my son would feel sorry for me and cut up food ... and scoop ice cream - you can't do that one handed either.
Broke down and asked my youngest to scoop me some ice cream today. I guess I’ll just eat like a Neanderthal tomorrow

You're eating the turkey raw? That's hard core.

Hey, have you tried buttoning your pants or doing a belt one handed? Pull over shirts are pretty much impossible and buttoning a shirt one handed is an exercise in futility. And socks ... So much easier to eat in the raw. Those damn pill bottles make you want to find the nearest regulator and strangle him.

@McDad @hog88

Anyone else with daughters? This ring a bell?

EnaRH3iWMAIXj0m

View attachment 326089
Hey guys, Roux wants a bite off your plate.

My first dog was a molehound...for 17 years. He was super smart and awesome. Like a landshark.... if you scaled one of them up to like 50lbs, it would have 4 inch teeth and hunt mountain lions for fun. Fearless little bastards.

VN Store

Back