Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

asked this in the FF, but that was stupid. I will ask it here as a simple yes or no question...

Will JG end up costing CJP his job?

I dont mean this season. He is bulletproof. Likely the worst he can be at the end of next season is on the "hot seat"...and as much as any man with a brain HATES to think about it...JG can absolutely come back for an unheard of 6th year next season...but losing all the games JG has lost for us is still a stain against CJP. So is not having another QB better prepared in year 3 (and maybe 4)...as well as his stubborn refusal to sit his butt down for good. For. Good.

Will he cost CJP his job? Cost the fan base to turn on him ? If the FF can be taken as an accurate measure of fans opinion, there are 10 Vols fans who want JG benched and seriously question CJPs judgment for every 1 fan that somehow still supports him.

What do yall think? I just watched JG throw back to back 32yd completions, 1 of which was a TD...that changes nothing. We should be up by 21 points on an obviously inferior team...that averages a recruiting class around 30th? In the country while we pull top 10 classes, top 15 at the absolute worst. A decent, middle of the pack SEC QB would have us up by 21....

If he’s the best QB we’ve got on the roster Pruitt hasn’t been doing his job. If Pruitt sticks with him when we should be playing somebody else Pruitt isn’t doing his job.

Will it cost him his job? No we can’t afford to fire him if he tanks this year. But JGs eventual replacement might cost him his job ... unless he gets 5 more years of eligibility🤬

I actually hate JG. I know better. I am a grown man. I don't wish harm on him...but i want him so far away from UT that he could never find his way back. He is so terrible...i am so tired of beetching about him

banks jackals has 2 .....2 personal fouls. Banks has single handedly put them in scoring position twice. He should be benched for 2 games period. A game for each dumbazz play....he could actually cost us the game. So stupid...he still cannot control his emotions. Sit his azz down!!!

Reactions: AM64 and 0nelilreb
banks jackals has 2 .....2 personal fouls. Banks has single handedly put them in scoring position twice. He should be benched for 2 games period. A game for each dumbazz play....he could actually cost us the game. So stupid...he still cannot control his emotions. Sit his azz down!!!
it was dumb but at least he nearly got away with it. lol

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Wow. Just wow ...

2 players pruitt has stood by thru thick and thin....

JG and Banks.

Both should be benched.

Banks for 2 games. 1 for each terrible arse penalty he had. Sadly, he made at least 3 big plays today and seemed to be on the field waaay more than the former 5star from Charlotte whose name I cannot recall ...

Wow. Just wow ...

2 players pruitt has stood by thru thick and thin....

JG and Banks.

Both should be benched.

Banks for 2 games. 1 for each terrible arse penalty he had. Sadly, he made at least 3 big plays today and seemed to be on the field waaay more than the former 5star from Charlotte whose name I cannot recall ...

I hear ya loud & clear.

I think we knocked the rust off and I expect a lot better game next week against Mizzou..

That game starts at 12 pm ET ................. 11 am CT.

Last edited:
Better lucky than good. A lot of funky in the SEC tonight.

Vandy hung with TAMU. Leach beat LSU. Arkansas was leading UGA at half. Auburn kentucky game was a lot closer than it looked.

Bama is cream of the crop but they didnt look undefeatable.

Reactions: AM64
Jawja has now blown the game open against hapless Arky....who is picked to go 0-10 in the SEC...but they benched their QB at halftime to put in their 3rd string. Their 1st string wasn't cleared to play, transfer Daniel's.

MSU has just thrown a pic and fumbled on consecutive offensive plays....they had a 10 point 4th quarter lead. Then pick...LSU TD on first snap....now fumble on 1st down. They are trying to choke and give it back to LSU ....

Depth is the winner or killer depending on where you stand, but it's key in this conference

VN Store

Back