Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Senior. In highest math, science, chemistry.

So, you think it's worth an application and tour?
My son has been tutoring 5 or 6 kids in calculus. He finally started charging and they all willingly pay. He was up last night at 11 when we went to bed tutoring a couple of students over zoom. He's got a lot of nerd in him.

My son has been tutoring 5 or 6 kids in calculus. He finally started charging and they all willingly pay. He was up last night at 11 when we went to bed tutoring a couple of students over zoom. He's got a lot of nerd in him.
Same. 'Cept he doesnt get paid. He gets service hours or somesuch. His chem teacher stepped out of class a couple weeks ago and he taught the class for her. Lol.

Glad he has a lot of nerd in him. That's better than his old man who's always FOS on here. ;)

Yeah just caught up. What does he have against UT? They had a pretty decent chem program when I was there in the dark ages and UT engineering in general has gotten lots better over last decade.

What does he want to do? Lotsa ChemE’s in oil production/refining and they make damn good money.

It's been a while, but one of my Nuc Engr classmates defected to Ga Tech for grad school. We did diffusion theory as seniors (pretty much standard in NE programs) and transport theory at the MS level. We found out from the defector that Ga Tech didn't do that - he used the same book for his MS that we used for our BS. However, I'll agree that a Ga Tech degree will likely get you more notice - or did in the past. We also didn't claim a reactor of our own like some other schools did - we just did our labs at Oak Ridge using much more advanced stuff.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
It's been a while, but one of my Nuc Engr classmates defected to Ga Tech for grad school. We did diffusion theory as seniors (pretty much standard in NE programs) and transport theory at the MS level. We found out from the defector that Ga Tech didn't do that - he used the same book for his MS that we used for our BS. However, I'll agree that a Ga Tech degree will likely get you more notice - or did in the past. We also didn't claim a reactor of our own like some other schools did - we just did our labs at Oak Ridge using much more advanced stuff.
I’ve always had the perception that UT had a pretty solid Nuc program due to the collaboration with ORNL.

Those were good looking cars the late 80’s F bodies had the best lines.

Yeah. I wasn't a fan of the 4th generation. cars. That makeover GM made wasn't appealing to me. Most of the 90's performance cars had no distinct lines to them, IMO.

After watching Hawks Motorsports get their hands on a unmolested '87 model, I am going to try and replicate it if possible, minus the LS7 427 they dropped in it. The suspension upgrades Detroit Speed added to the car has it performing the same or better than the modern mustangs and camaros.

It's nickname is the "unicorn" for obvious reasons.

@lawgator1
GrandVol says he's sorry he took his ball and went home. He's ready to give his relationship with you another try. He misses those long nights of cuddling and small talk. But he will only return to posting if you approve.
PS. I've already bought the big tub of astroglide as a reunion gift for you guys...so dont f it up because they don't give refunds.

I saw this awhile back and assumed you were drunk or stoned (or both when you wrote it).

Read it again just now at your insistence and am pretty sure I was right the first time.

Reactions: McDad
I saw this awhile back and assumed you were drunk or stoned (or both when you wrote it).

Read it again just now at your insistence and am pretty sure I was right the first time.

Or you just have zero idea this is his normal mode of catching attention...

Don't be a biscuit.

Usually, I would sass you back.

But for the sake of GV, I won't.

Totally serious. I posted that at his behest. He allowed me creative discretion but the sentiment is wholly his own.

Reactions: AM64
Or you just have zero idea this is his normal mode of catching attention...

Don't be a biscuit.

200w.gif

Welcome back.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

VN Store

Back