Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Sounding more and more like Breaking Bad.
Definitely taught me something.

When the agency with the keenest eyes and ears on the planet tells you the party you’re emailing with is not a friend of our country... well, it got my attention.

And over the next couple years I had several new inquiries that looked suspiciously like that one so I did not answer them.

Answer because Freak doesn’t want to spend all of his click money on lawyer fees from a bunch of hyped up hillbillies **** talking each other over PMs and choosing Waffle Houses where to settle their differences.
That's awesome. I read it aloud and it rolls off the tongue like symphonic music.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
Been deleting all my posts lately before posting them. I do that, am a weird dude.

Pissed off about millions of people being lied to and fleeced by a huge scam.

Tired of being told that I am an oppressor and so are my wife and kids just because we are white. Blue collar folks like me dont owe anybody a damn thing except common courtesy.

Worried about the world my kids will raise their kids in, should the Lord tarry...glad to read here and keep up with my Vol bros.

GO VOLS

Definitely taught me something.

When the agency with the keenest eyes and ears on the planet tells you the party you’re emailing with is not a friend of our country... well, it got my attention.

And over the next couple years I had several new inquiries that looked suspiciously like that one so I did not answer them.
It was probably one FBI team trying to bait you and another team trying to catch the first one.

Reactions: RavinDave and McDad
I too am a Dew addict. Dont drink coffee, so I have a 20oz Dew for breakfast every morn like clockwork. 440 calories of greatness.

Did you know that the die used in Dew and Mellow yeller is banned in Europe? Said to cause cancer. Like everything else. Oh well
I would drink it all day every day if I could. Love that Dew.

As soon as I get done telling mine I dont have time for everything she throws more on my plate.

"Well not that I got X off your plate you should have time for Z".
"No we got X off my plate so I could do Y".

I thought you were changing jobs anyway?
Soooooooo.... update. My worthless ass boss and her worthless ass boss have chosen this week to attempt try and look competent and responsive. Another program in the area I’m trying to defect to (they still don’t know) is in the ditch and needs heroics to bail them out. So now that I just finished a two week fire drill and was planning on my 5 day weekend these two rocket scientists have probably set me up to where I will have to work over the weekend now! 🤬

Of course all hope isn’t lost with the nasty ass Skype I left her right before logging off this evening. Maybe she’ll fire me!

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Yeah, there are lots of days that morning 20oz is followed by a lunchtime 20oz as well. Thatis 880 calories. Almost half of the 2000 calories per day adults are recommended.

Crazy how fattening sugar is. I read a man has to walk fast/jog about a mile to burn 100 calories. That's 4 plus miles for a 20oz Dew. Thank you, corn syrup

I drank a 6 pack of Dew one hot July day circa 1990 in NC, didn't sleep for about 3 days and have never touched it again.
We would take a bunch out when we worked the fields the farmer we worked for wouldn't let us keep them on the wagon and we didn't have a cooler..by breaks they were about 8p but still tasted awesome

I too am a Dew addict. Dont drink coffee, so I have a 20oz Dew for breakfast every morn like clockwork. 440 calories of greatness.

Did you know that the die used in Dew and Mellow yeller is banned in Europe? Said to cause cancer. Like everything else. Oh well
Mountain Dew was one hill people vice that I did not inherit. My dad's sisters and my cousin drink it like it's a requirement to live.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
I am madly trying to change jobs and like I said before I even wrote the req! However as it turns out with my seniority and pay grade let’s just say the best describing phrase is “it’s complicated”.

Somethings gotta give though. I’m pretty much openly belligerent with drive bye taskers at this point and I wouldn’t put up with my ****. I’d guess it comes to a head over the next couple of weeks.

Had two phone discussions with her this morning trying to scramble and cover for more piss poor people allocation decisions and I told her flat out I’m taking a 5 day weekend and to leave me alone I need to decompress. Even while I was saying it I was saying to myself “slow your roll down here this is belligerent”.

I am beyond ready to retire.
I'm grumpy and no where near retirement. My bosses are between a rock and a hard place and you know ish rolls downhill. They have been putting in the extra effort to pat us on the back before the knives come out.
I understand where you are coming from. I'll be in a new job in 2 weeks.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
My wife drinks Sun Drop, and coffee. She is from Charlotte, so Sun Drop and Cheerwine are local .

Found out the other day that Thomas Sowell is from Gaston County, where I live. He is a brilliant man, a quote machine. It is amazing that he was around pre civil rights...his entire childhood would have been segregated...but he is not bitter or racist in the slightest, and has the wisdom to see the truths that many folks today are unwilling to discuss . For those not familiar, google "Thomas Sowell quotes ".

VN Store

Back