Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Guys we did it.

We landed all 3 of the "Big Fish" this weekend.

All high 4*...ALL of them were wanted by top tier SEC schools and Ohio st... they ALL chose to come to Rocky Top. There are rumors that we are in good shape with a couple more bigshots....but I personally am am not concerned about that. We cannot land EVERY big name in the top 300.

I dont care if we do not land anymore highly rated players in this class honestly. Let us hold on to what we have, CBJ can fill the last couple slots with 3* players that he sees great potential in...and we finish with a top 5 class as of right now. This is a MONSTER class. We got the QB we wanted, the RBs we wanted, the LB we wanted, the pretty much everyone we were really digging for. ..

I am so pumped...dont know what to say...
Got some bad news for you marcus. We need to fill the rest of our slots with 4 stars to be top 5. I know a handful of our guys will get bumps but we only have 250pts right now. We need to be up right at 300, where OSU is, to be top 5.

We actually have fewer points than where we ended last year.

Not saying it cant or wont be done, just saying its early to be popping the victory flag.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Got some bad news for you marcus. We need to fill the rest of our slots with 4 stars to be top 5. I know a handful of our guys will get bumps but we only have 250pts right now. We need to be up right at 300, where OSU is, to be top 5.

We actually have fewer points than where we ended last year.

Not saying it cant or wont be done, just saying its early to be popping the victory flag.

May the momentum continue...

Reactions: LouderVol
There ain't nothing in life like swimming in one of them there cold mountain streams.

tenor.gif

Guys here is a link to SI.com and a full story on our new QB...as well as our other recruits from this weekend...

Breaking: Elite QB Salter Details His Decision to Commit to Tennessee

FUN FACT: ALL 3 LB we have committed for 2021 are HS All Americans...Lewis, Brooks, and (whatchu talkin bout) Willis. All 3 of them. Do yall realize this is on the heels of landing FOUR 4* Linebackers in 2020...the Memphis 3 and 1 more. We already have Toot who was Freshman AA, and Crouch who is gonna be special....

Have we EVER been this loaded at LB? I know how many great LBs came through here in the 90s...several Pro Bowlers...but as long as this class holds together, next season in 2021 we will have 9 or 10 different LBs that were 4 or 5 stars....

Anyway, I hadnt read SI in a dogs age...but was surprised they had 3 different articles about the guys we got this weekend. May have to start reading there...

Guys here is a link to SI.com and a full story on our new QB...as well as our other recruits from this weekend...

FUN FACT: ALL 3 LB we have committed for 2021 are HS All Americans...Lewis, Brooks, and (whatchu talkin bout) Willis. All 3 of them. Do yall realize this is on the heels of landing FOUR 4* Linebackers in 2020...the Memphis 3 and 1 more. We already have Toot who was Freshman AA, and Crouch who is gonna be special....

Have we EVER been this loaded at LB? I know how many great LBs came through here in the 90s...several Pro Bowlers...but as long as this class holds together, next season in 2021 we will have 9 or 10 different LBs that were 4 or 5 stars....

Anyway, I hadnt read SI in a dogs age...but was surprised they had 3 different articles about the guys we got this weekend. May have to start reading there...

Cool story, bro. I can't wait for the next couple of years that's to come in TN football. Good times await.

I’ve managed to lose nearly 30lbs since the beginning of February when I started working at Walmart. Most of that has come in the last 8 weeks or so. I still have a long way to go to get to where I was in 2016 (199lbs and running 30+ miles/week), but I’m determined to get back.

The author there Matt Ray posts in the RF, Vol1492 or something like that. He started his own recruiting website and now does his articles with/thru SI. That's probably who did all the articles.

Reactions: StarRaider
My wife retires from The University System of Georgia in three weeks. Our retirement home in Athens, Alabama is near completion and scheduled to close in early June. I fully intend to spend more time doing the things my wife has always wanted to do along with spending more time with my family and friends. I will be playing a little golf and a lot of fishing on Wheeler. I will be going to the fitness center so I can do those things better and hopefully a little longer. I hope and pray to God that I have no time for the internet.

I am in my last day of discussing, talking or arguing about politics with anonymous people with an avatar for a face. Any political talk in the future will be face to face more than likely with someone I know or a member of the family. I appreciate that almost everyone here has thought about the state of our Nation and generally have strong feelings about where we are heading. There is not much common ground unfortunately. The only thing we have in common is we believe the other side is the problem. In this I believe we are all probably right.

What is it they say? "Friends may come and friends may go. Friends may peter out you know. But we'll be friends through thick or thin. Peter out or Peter in".

Well.........................bye.

My wife retires from The University System of Georgia in three weeks. Our retirement home in Athens, Alabama is near completion and scheduled to close in early June. I fully intend to spend more time doing the things my wife has always wanted to do along with spending more time with my family and friends. I will be playing a little golf and a lot of fishing on Wheeler. I will be going to the fitness center so I can do those things better and hopefully a little longer. I hope and pray to God that I have no time for the internet.

I am in my last day of discussing, talking or arguing about politics with anonymous people with an avatar for a face. Any political talk in the future will be face to face more than likely with someone I know or a member of the family. I appreciate that almost everyone here has thought about the state of our Nation and generally have strong feelings about where we are heading. There is not much common ground unfortunately. The only thing we have in common is we believe the other side is the problem. In this I believe we are all probably right.

What is it they say? "Friends may come and friends may go. Friends may peter out you know. But we'll be friends through thick or thin. Peter out or Peter in".

Lol.
Good luck you hopelessly misguided individual. Great for you and your wife. But doesn't say much that you are retiring to such a red area of the country.

Reactions: StarRaider

Good luck brother, if you change your mind we are always here to tell you how wrong you are! ;)

Better come back to at least discuss the finer points of bourbon. A break from this stuff is always good though.

Don't forget to wear a mask when out & about you old coot. Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya on the way out. Spending more time doing things your wife wants to do will be short lived within a couple of hours.....then what? You sound as if you're on your death bed. But whatever my man. Well .......bye.

VN Store

Back