Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Anybody seen @AM64 ? He hasn’t posted since end of March when the storms hit.

Hey, guys. I'm still around - been busy and then got off track. Thanks for asking!

The septic tank - that episode went on for over two weeks - plumbers and septic tank people obviously have a lot to do. Orangeslice13 and 1972 Grad get the septic tank analysis rewards - it was kinda like an Oreo. However, not quite what everybody was thinking. My wife wanted a little hydrangea planted "right there" a lot of years ago. Well it's a really big hydrangea now, and it grew a root mat at the top of the septic tank and killed it. Turns out we had a big tank - four flat concrete covers - 1500 gal. On the second visit they guys put a hole in the first cover (input) and then couldn't do anything with the root system, so they had to come back with an excavator and pull up the hydrangea, take the covers off, and dig out the root system - the top of the Oreo. Liquid immediately ran in the outlet and disappeared so the field lines are good. The guy who pumped it did have to add some water to mix up the bottom layer some. I'm sure it's still my fault for planting that little shrub where directed, but my wife has been quiet about it. Slice, thank you for your offer to come by and take a look for me. I thought we were coming up here to the other house, and then my wife decided not to - sure was a pain dealing with limited water use when it could have been easier here.

The tornado missed us by a couple of miles, but still took down a couple of trees, but no damage to the house. I haven't had a chance to catch up, so I'll just say that I hope all the rest of you came through as well.

I'm finally at the other house in middle TN - actually have internet here now! Last night was a struggle with a router and the cable modem. I realized I had changed the normal router address because it was an older wireless router that I used in conjunction with a new one. Once I figured that out, all it needed was a reset to original settings and then the setup. Looks like I've got some catch up to do - verify that everybody came through in one piece.

I'll admit that the night before the tornado I might have been connecting a Schitt Magni Heresy to a Cambridge DacMagic. Schitt (that's how it's pronounced too as in good ...) uses a lot of Norse god names; I promise I didn't get anything named Thor or Loki - Magni was one of Thor's sons, though. One of my little side tracks in the last couple of weeks - also building a new computer and still messing with Linux and whether that or Windows will be the OS.

I just saw a Rusty Wallace car ad on the TV and he was claiming that if anyone buys a new vehicle that he will make the payments until next year. I want a new car with a 6 month loan and no down payment.

Remember the old Zerex antifreeze commercials with Rusty and Alan Kulwickie - when Rusty is going to drive and Alan says "I'll drive. I've seen you drive."

Bit of an update, parents are without power, and cell service is touch and go. Sounds like the East Brainerd, ootlewah area got hit hard. Path not two miles from their house. If you know hamiliton place mall apparently abunch of stuff there is gone. My parents heard from some others that the zaxbys on E. Brainerd is gone, and the steak and shake on gunbarrel too. Probably means the walmart shopping area and mall itself also hit. There is a big hospital right there too. Hopefully it survived. Lots of residential all around that.

@AM64 are you fine? My parents said they couldnt get past the Publix right there at Hurricane Creek.

We are a little further out than Hurricane Creek - almost adjacent, and just had some wind damage. The wind and rain on the windows during the storms was absolutely brutal. It was late morning before trees were cleared and you could get out of the subdivision. The houses just off Shallowford are incredible - can't imagine what it would have been like to go through a night like that. Our power was off several days - my brother in law's friend brought us a generator. The neighborhood got pretty noisy as they started popping up more and more.

Hey, guys. I'm still around - been busy and then got off track. Thanks for asking!

The septic tank - that episode went on for over two weeks - plumbers and septic tank people obviously have a lot to do. Orangeslice13 and 1972 Grad get the septic tank analysis rewards - it was kinda like an Oreo. However, not quite what everybody was thinking. My wife wanted a little hydrangea planted "right there" a lot of years ago. Well it's a really big hydrangea now, and it grew a root mat at the top of the septic tank and killed it. Turns out we had a big tank - four flat concrete covers - 1500 gal. On the second visit they guys put a hole in the first cover (input) and then couldn't do anything with the root system, so they had to come back with an excavator and pull up the hydrangea, take the covers off, and dig out the root system - the top of the Oreo. Liquid immediately ran in the outlet and disappeared so the field lines are good. The guy who pumped it did have to add some water to mix up the bottom layer some. I'm sure it's still my fault for planting that little shrub where directed, but my wife has been quiet about it. Slice, thank you for your offer to come by and take a look for me. I thought we were coming up here to the other house, and then my wife decided not to - sure was a pain dealing with limited water use when it could have been easier here.

The tornado missed us by a couple of miles, but still took down a couple of trees, but no damage to the house. I haven't had a chance to catch up, so I'll just say that I hope all the rest of you came through as well.

I'm finally at the other house in middle TN - actually have internet here now! Last night was a struggle with a router and the cable modem. I realized I had changed the normal router address because it was an older wireless router that I used in conjunction with a new one. Once I figured that out, all it needed was a reset to original settings and then the setup. Looks like I've got some catch up to do - verify that everybody came through in one piece.

I'll admit that the night before the tornado I might have been connecting a Schitt Magni Heresy to a Cambridge DacMagic. Schitt (that's how it's pronounced too as in good ...) uses a lot of Norse god names; I promise I didn't get anything named Thor or Loki - Magni was one of Thor's sons, though. One of my little side tracks in the last couple of weeks - also building a new computer and still messing with Linux and whether that or Windows will be the OS.
I figured you were in deep doodoo.

I figured you were in deep doodoo.

Kinda. The downstairs toilet was the surge tank. If it was at the bottom, you could probably do a load of dishes or I mastered really quick showers. The washer (even though a front loader) was too much. There was one night I kept bailing and dumping buckets at midnight and trying to figure where the water was coming from. Turned out one upstairs didn't seat properly because I shut off the water after inadvertently flushing it, and the valve on that one never really closes well - had a continual trickle into the overflow. I figured that out on about the fifth trip out with a bucket. The next time out I was remembering a fighter pilot joke from my brother because of the absurd similarity - the only time you have too much fuel is when you are on fire.

Only slight damage and mised the F3 by 1200’. Honestly did not even know until Monday morning. Thank you though.
Ordered from Olive Garden 2 days ago and got the total wrong order. Called and tried to take it back but traffic was so bad could not even make return so they gave 50 GC.
Longhorn filet is primo in my book with one of those tall Marguritas you self pour.

Glad you are safe and sound. Are you back home yet?

Good to hear. So you survived the septic affair after all.

VN Store

Back