Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Welp, it is silly season again the the FF. I get a sense the fans who post are hyped up (again) for an overachieving season. excitement about our players, many who are freshman, is very high. we are still playing catch up with the teams that matter. UGA, UF, UA all recruited great new players just like we did, In fact, 2 of those schools recruited better players. And while we aren't catching up to Mizz or South Carolina, both of those programs seem to have our number.

I am glad the season is here. Love football, love autumn. But I am not ecstatic about our coach or the prospects of this team. Im still at 6-6. An improvement but not the expectations where we want this program.

Welp, it is silly season again the the FF. I get a sense the fans who post are hyped up (again) for an overachieving season. excitement about our players, many who are freshman, is very high. we are still playing catch up with the teams that matter. UGA, UF, UA all recruited great new players just like we did, In fact, 2 of those schools recruited better players. And while we aren't catching up to Mizz or South Carolina, both of those programs seem to have our number.

I am glad the season is here. Love football, love autumn. But I am not ecstatic about our coach or the prospects of this team. Im still at 6-6. An improvement but not the expectations where we want this program.

Not a fan of Pruitt?

Reactions: McDad

I’m in the same place as you. I’m anxious to see what we have but still leery getting my hopes up.

I'm way more optimistic than you. If the ball bounces just right, and we get some timely breaks, I think we have a shot at 7-5.

Not a fan of Pruitt?
I was indifferent last year. I still am indifferent to him this year. Sad to say. He can be the best teacher, fabulous Xs and Os guy, and a genuinely nice man. But what turns the crank are wins. So, I am neither a fan, nor a detractor. I am in waiting to see what we have at HC.

I'm way more optimistic than you. If the ball bounces just right, and we get some timely breaks, I think we have a shot at 7-5.
I think your prediction is where a lot of the more reasonable but perpetually optimistic fans are. I think this is Louder's prediction, too.

I was indifferent last year. I still am indifferent to him this year. Sad to say. He can be the best teacher, fabulous Xs and Os guy, and a genuinely nice man. But what turns the crank are wins. So, I am neither a fan, nor a detractor. I am in waiting to see what we have at HC.

I agree..cautious is maybe the word. Late last year our discipline and toughness seemed to break down and honestly did not see much improvement game-game o-line assignment, imo.

I think your prediction is where a lot of the more reasonable but perpetually optimistic fans are. I think this is Louder's prediction, too.
I've turned increasingly pessimistic over the last 10 years to the point where after Butch Jones burned out I really don't much care anymore. If he wins more than 5 games I'll be somewhat happy, but I don't expect to see more than 7 in the best of circumstances.

I've turned increasingly pessimistic over the last 10 years to the point where after Butch Jones burned out I really don't much care anymore. If he wins more than 5 games I'll be somewhat happy, but I don't expect to see more than 7 in the best of circumstances.
Man. That is apathetic. I hope our program's fortune's change and your enjoyment will return.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

VN Store

Back