Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

I’m gonna put fuzzy dice on the console, curb feelers on the bow, and spinner hubs on the trailer wheels😂

When I first saw it I said Wow that’s a loud boat! And I kept looking... and I asked for more pictures... and I simply fell for the color scheme. It looks amazing up close.

You gotta remember many of these boats had loud color schemes when I was a kid and I fell for the styling of them then.

I didn’t say it was bad.
Just retro.
I think it’s cool

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
So I need some objective advice. I have a friend. He runs a small time flooring business. Does good work from what I have seen. Twice over the last two years he has asked to borrow some money. The first time it was $5k paid back exactly the day he said it would. The second time, a little over a year ago, it was $5k paid back a little over 90 days late. I can tell from our chats over the past year that he’s struggling more this year then last. He hits me up yesterday for $10k saying he knows he will get the job, which invoices at $80k, and he will pay me back $13k in 60 days. Says he needs the cash for having to up his workers comp insurance to meet the minimum this company asks people to carry and to finish his website. Says they won’t do business without both even though he was recommended to them. I have never asked him to pay me more then he borrowed. My gut is telling me I am about to get played. I should add that the time he was late he called me every week. I never had to chase him down and he never avoided me.
How good of a friend is he? Known him from middle school type that you or or yours could show up no questions asked?

If you have a good bit of trust in him push him a bit on it. He wants 10k total, but what would website cost vs what would insurance cost. Talk about how you are willing to do one or the other right now. If he can get you an immediate answer and is willing to take whatever you can give I would be willing to take it as more legit than desperate. You can offer no interest in return. If he can talk the talk and you trust him, trust yourself and the wife.

If he doesnt know those numbers front, back, and sideways. I wouldnt do it. No matter how much you trust him.

I would also want to know specifics.on the job or website. Think of it as an investment, not helping a friend. 10k as Marcus said is a life changer for many, which also includes you.

So I need some objective advice. I have a friend. He runs a small time flooring business. Does good work from what I have seen. Twice over the last two years he has asked to borrow some money. The first time it was $5k paid back exactly the day he said it would. The second time, a little over a year ago, it was $5k paid back a little over 90 days late. I can tell from our chats over the past year that he’s struggling more this year then last. He hits me up yesterday for $10k saying he knows he will get the job, which invoices at $80k, and he will pay me back $13k in 60 days. Says he needs the cash for having to up his workers comp insurance to meet the minimum this company asks people to carry and to finish his website. Says they won’t do business without both even though he was recommended to them. I have never asked him to pay me more then he borrowed. My gut is telling me I am about to get played. I should add that the time he was late he called me every week. I never had to chase him down and he never avoided me.
Whatever you do make sure your spouse is 100% on board with loaning this guy money if you are leaning that way. You’ve done this before thus it might be easy to assume she’s ok. But she may not be because A) you’ve done it before and it’s frankly starting to look like a recurring theme and B) the dollar amount seems to be climbing and climbing and that frankly might concern her.

I won’t offer an opinion on whether you should or shouldn’t loan this guy money because it takes a lot of understanding to even make an informed opinion. I’ve got several friends who I’d never loan a penny to and I’ve got several friends who I’d give money to on grounds like you’ve described and I’ve got one friend, my “brother from another mother” whom I’m camping with this weekend who I’ve offered a kidney to before if he needed it. From reading your posts here you’ve got a square enough head on your shoulders to gauge whether this guy is a worthy risk or not. Just make sure he doesn’t interfere in your marriage man.

I’m gonna put fuzzy dice on the console, curb feelers on the bow, and spinner hubs on the trailer wheels😂

When I first saw it I said Wow that’s a loud boat! And I kept looking... and I asked for more pictures... and I simply fell for the color scheme. It looks amazing up close.

You gotta remember many of these boats had loud color schemes when I was a kid and I fell for the styling of them then.
Elvis would like it.

8 days to game day!!

I'm at Hard Rock waiting on a show. Band is Classic Albums Live. That's the name. They are legit.

Playing Rumours tonight, note for note. Will report on vocals.

f.gif

Reactions: FLVOL69
8 days to game day!!

I'm at Hard Rock waiting on a show. Band is Classic Albums Live. That's the name. They are legit.

Playing Rumours tonight, note for note. Will report on vocals.
LG must've got drunk and passed out😄

VN Store

Back