Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Yes I actually have two propane units, both Toyota’s I bought used 8-9 years ago. The one in the building I spend most of my time in, I put non-marking tires on, and it never leaves that bldg. But going electric will be nice.

I never knew or asked how much Stanley Black & Decker had paid for those electric forklifts. Not only the forklifts themselves but also the battery charging units you have to spend too. Electric charging Units are not cheap I hear.

I never knew or asked how much Stanley Black & Decker had paid for those electric forklifts. Not only the forklifts themselves but also the battery charging units you have to spend too. Electric charging Units are not cheap I hear.
I have a quote from ToyotaLift of Houston that includes the charger but the cost is not split out. Batteries are included too (36V) and should last 5 years based on charging 5 times a week which is more often than I will need to recharge them.

You work the warehouse all by yourself? No help loading and unloading freight?
It’s not a huge operation, some weeks I have several trucks with a dozen pallets in and out, some weeks less. Tomorrow I have two orders going out, a total of 3 pallets. We also ship smaller orders by parcel, mostly to universities. Some international business, too, for example just got an order last night to ship a small drum to Japan which I will do in the next couple days with DHL Global Forwarding. Last month sent 3 drums to Korea for a customer who orders 4 or 5 times a year. Sort of a catalyst boutique business.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Btw... i saw in the "argue with PJ until Freak comes" thread the other day a lot of talk of reporting people. As long as i have been in the PF...maybe 5 years...reporting people is like being a snitch to the principal because youre a puss and your life sucks...or you have the thin skin of a teenage girl. I dont report anyone. Thats an unspoken rule in the PF like not using blue font for sarcasm...and we get away with a lot more here than anyone else on this site save maybe the Zone...presumably because we arent a nuisance and dont bother Freak..we get to call eachother names and occasionally swear...because we know eachother and dont take offense. Just my take TIFWIW WGAF. LMAO OU812. HUBANegavols.
giphy (41).gif

Yes I actually have two propane units, both Toyota’s I bought used 8-9 years ago. The one in the building I spend most of my time in, I put non-marking tires on, and it never leaves that bldg. But going electric will be nice.

Does they leave black exhaust dust everywhere?

Does they leave black exhaust dust everywhere?
Not so much, mainly the pollution is gaseous. The reason I want to go electric on the one I keep in the air-conditioned building is because of CO emissions. Every time I run that unit I have to open 4 windows, run my window fan for 15 minutes and then close the windows; especially this time of year it also puts a load on the AC to pull the temperature and humidity back down, so in summer I try to do the forklifting in there early in the day or late in the day... like today I ran it after 4:00 to bring in 3 pallets which I had just filled by the old/back building where I have my big scales. Tomorrow I will wrap these pallets for shipment and then shuttle them back outside for shipping. Trying to get an electrician from a company that does forklift charging systems to come out and see what's what on setting up a charging station for me.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Sometimes, quitting is the hardest thing a young man can do.

I 86'd Elvira today. Paid for a joint that she can live in for 6 months, and got my own place. Toughest part was nickel and diming the 5k+ home bar and paying restitution for the man cave/dog toys.

Beats a divorce.

Finally, since I rarely post...

My friend completed his treatment in Tijuana. He did all he could, but the outlook is grim. He has accepted the hand he was dealt. He and his sons celebrated with me the other night. Thanks to everyone who contributed. He will go having fought the good fight.

Attachments

• 20190626_021629.jpg
    20190626_021629.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 29
Sometimes, quitting is the hardest thing a young man can do.

I 86'd Elvira today. Paid for a joint that she can live in for 6 months, and got my own place. Toughest part was nickel and diming the 5k+ home bar and paying restitution for the man cave/dog toys.

Beats a divorce.

That sux, Dink. And i was looking forward to your continued slide into domesticity and old manisms.

It’s not a huge operation, some weeks I have several trucks with a dozen pallets in and out, some weeks less. Tomorrow I have two orders going out, a total of 3 pallets. We also ship smaller orders by parcel, mostly to universities. Some international business, too, for example just got an order last night to ship a small drum to Japan which I will do in the next couple days with DHL Global Forwarding. Last month sent 3 drums to Korea for a customer who orders 4 or 5 times a year. Sort of a catalyst boutique business.
Are u Walter White? I knew you were still alive.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

VN Store

Back