Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

He's the one that looked like Elliot Gould or was it Sam Elliot? I can never remember.

raw

Years ago we had mental health facilities that people that were sick were sent too. Now we just turn them loose and hope they don't kill themselves, someone else or the police don't blow them away.
Our liberal leanings is the death of our country.

Lordy Lou, I'd hate my job if I was called in to handle that stinky filthy dude.

This is the EXACT interview and partial performance by Danny Carey of TOOL that i was trying to find the other day and could not. Somebody in the TOOL forum on reddit posted it today...lmao...he is talking with the guy that tunes his drum kit...same guy who worked with Bonham and the other greats mentioned. Danny talks about not ever taping his drums up or putting pillows in them to muffle the sound like so many drummers do...his kit is legendary, 1 of a kind, note the huge cymbal behind him that looks like the Gong Show gong...he hits it with his elbow etc while he is beating the fool out of that kit with both arms and both legs. Humble quiet dude.. he is like 6ft4 and jacked up though. He is the best drummer of the last 30 years IMO and has competed against the best in "competitions" for charity etx and in fusion music he shreds. TOOL always has amazing drums in their songs as they realize they are watching and playing with greatness in percussion. Watch him grab the mallet with his right to strike the gong at the end rather than using his elbow again. Seamless timing thru several time changes early on as well.

Yall take 5 mins and meet Danny Carey.

I've never been able to find the interview in good quality on youtube so now here it is : ToolBand

Alright. Bunch of haters in here. This is Travis Barker who is a rock drummer playing over Busta Rhymes. Hes good too...watch him break his stick his left hand and never miss a beat grabbing a new one. He beats the fool out of his kit...looks like it cost about a tenth of Dannys kit...he sounds good though.

Nicely done. My buddy has an XD model. He really likes it. Was an exclusive Ford man before his Titan.
I’ve had 2 F1fiddys and this is my 2nd Titan. Personally, my XD Platinum Reserve is the best truck I’ve ever owned. I’ve pulled boats with both and I really like the towing advantages better.

Reactions: McDad
Tonight at 9:00 CNN is showing a doc on the moon landing. They have digitally remastered and colorized all the old footage.

VN Store

Back