Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

ya late son

It’s never too late.
It’s about solving a problem. The more people doing it the better off we all are.
I believe they are only using 1. Maybe 1and 2 which is better than nothing plus using a sand bonding agent. I’m targeting a wider plastic range with a glass bonding. 100% recycling.

Reactions: SlipKidVol and AM64
Anybody think things are getting a bit strange? There's a blizzard warning out for parts of Hawaii. OK it's really the mountains, but ...

The lower 48 states are lacking in snow but Hawaii has a blizzard warning with 100 mph winds - CNN

My brother just spent 10+ years in Hawaii and says snow on the mountains is common especially now when the islands are hitting their rainy season.
You can hit the surf in the early morning and get in some snowboarding by the afternoon.

What MoC are the blowers, the gas can be pretty nasty, or has it been cleaned before you see it?

Looked to be some stuff going on before blower inlet but not sure what it was, The blowers currently in place are branded with our product brand but a separate division. They cannot maintain consistent 60" H20 and need to upsize for more cfm as the landfill grows. We normally just deal with insert gases, so the MoC is probably pretty exotic materials. What gets me is I do not see any Class 1 Div 2 electrics, which is surprising

It’s never too late.
It’s about solving a problem. The more people doing it the better off we all are.
I believe they are only using 1. Maybe 1and 2 which is better than nothing plus using a sand bonding agent. I’m targeting a wider plastic range with a glass bonding. 100% recycling.

If you can incorporate the full spectrum of 1-7 into the mix including ABS and PA, you might be onto something. I hope you make a breakthrough and your supplies would be unlimited with the way things are thrown out.

I do wonder what the durability is on her bricks as well as variations in hot/cold temps. As well as end use recycling of her bricks at the end of life. But honestly, the system she has in place looks easy to upscale and mass produce even at a regional/national level.

Reactions: AM64
If you can incorporate the full spectrum of 1-7 into the mix including ABS and PA, you might be onto something. I hope you make a breakthrough and your supplies would be unlimited with the way things are thrown out.

I do wonder what the durability is on her bricks as well as variations in hot/cold temps. As well as end use recycling of her bricks at the end of life. But honestly, the system she has in place looks easy to upscale and mass produce even at a regional/national level.
I can either bitch about plastic or I can try and do something. Right now I’m doing both.
I may never get there but if I do I could leave a lasting impact on the world when I leave it.

This forum has the posters with the biggest brains.
And then there's @Orangeslice13 ....

HA! j/k

But still, you're ignoring LG. Everybody knows gators have a small medulla oblongata.

OpenArcticAlligatorgar-size_restricted.gif

Anyone know if you can get Surround Sound outpot thru the headphone output jack on a Mac? I have spent countless hours and even support could not help

TN Vols Men's Basketball playing a good Colorado Buffs team .... now.
TV .... your local FS1 channel. 13-11 Colorado. Still in early play.

Anyone know if you can get Surround Sound outpot thru the headphone output jack on a Mac? I have spent countless hours and even support could not help
I don’t know how as the headphone Jack or any Jack like that is at max a two channel stereo Jack. It would take some processing to provide simulated surround but that’s all you can do with two channels.

TN Vols Men's Basketball playing a good Colorado Buffs team .... now.
TV .... your local FS1 channel. 13-11 Colorado. Still in early play.
Thanks, I looked through the usual channels for the ball game today and came up empty. I guess I need to expand my horizons and actually look at the Vols schedule to see what channel they're on.

I don’t know how as the headphone Jack or any Jack like that is at max a two channel stereo Jack. It would take some processing to provide simulated surround but that’s all you can do with two channels.

I would agree with u, but no different than a 3.5mm stereo output on the PC that I ran it before. The line runs into the back of the subwoofer and the frequency split should be within the powered subwoofer. Just like tweeter and woofer on a regular speaker I would think

Edit: This is just a simple Logitech 2.1 SS with a 3.5mm jack and no port on Mac other than USB. I Amy try an adaptor for mini jack to USB and see if that works.

Last edited:
I would agree with u, but no different than a 3.5mm stereo output on the PC that I ran it before. The line runs into the back of the subwoofer and the frequency split should be within the powered subwoofer. Just like tweeter and woofer on a regular speaker I would think
So what happens there is the sub takes both stereo channels and combines them into one low frequency channel then sends the two channel info to the L and R speakers. That’s how both of my computers are setup. I have one audio board that supports native 5.1 surround and it’s got 6 separate mono 3.5mm Jack outputs.

Surround isn’t much frequency processing as it is actually more phase delay processing. That’s how your ears work, differential time delay between the same audio receive signal tells your brain where the sound is coming from directionally.

Reactions: Orangeburst
So what happens there is the sub takes both stereo channels and combines them into one low frequency channel then sends the two channel info to the L and R speakers. That’s how both of my computers are setup. I have one audio board that supports native 5.1 surround and it’s got 6 separate mono 3.5mm Jack outputs.

Surround isn’t much frequency processing as it is actually more phase delay processing. That’s how your ears work, differential time delay between the same audio receive signal tells your brain where the sound is coming from directionally.

I appreciate the reply and help. My PC was an Audigy SS card but had a single 3.5mm jack output (and SS channel outputs that were not used) and it worked. With this Logitech 2.1 the only input is this 3.5mm jack.
I edited my post and may try and aggregate MIDI output thru the USB port with an adaptor.

I appreciate the reply and help. My PC was an Audigy SS card but had a single 3.5mm jack output (and SS channel outputs that were not used) and it worked. With this Logitech 2.1 the only input is this 3.5mm jack.
I edited my post and may try and aggregate MIDI output thru the USB port with an adaptor.
So there are indeed simulated surround processors via audio Jack but it’s just that simulated. Again it’s just phase delay processing. My turtle beach wireless XBox headphones have it I’m pretty sure. Headphones by their basic physical nature are stereo but with digital signal processing they can simulate surround channels.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Goodness gracious ... This GA vs Bama game .... they've talked all week long about it.
They are finally getting the kick-off started. Talk talk talk .... they're worse than NASCAR people before a car race ..

VN Store

Back