Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

I'd guess that 20 minutes is less than Ole Miss flop time delays, and far less than commercial delays ... and more entertaining than either. One thought I've had from the beginning is WTH would you put the other team's bench on the same side of the stadium as the student section. If not for intimidation and interference, then you have to believe the people deciding issues like where you place the visiting teams should be in a very different line of work.
For a while when I was a student our team was on that side. For at least a year or two of Fulmer. I remember thinking it was so dumb, because that side is in the sun longer, and has the sun in your eyes as that is east looking west.

Reactions: VolStrom and AM64
Unfortunately I think the reason for both is the sunshine. We want our players in the shade, as do the boosters. Let the opposing team and the students bake.......It just happens to be a positive unintended consequence that the students have the opposing team to distract them during the game.

I actually forgot that point. I remember a few sunburns back in my student days, and how hot it got some days.

Reactions: StarRaider
But how can you say that the 20-minute interruption negatively impacted the outcome? Perhaps the delay improved our chances of winning.

I'll I'm saying is that it's all speculation. And I would rather have a rowdy fanbase that occasionally goes over the line than to have a fanbase like vandy that just doesn't even show up.
Go over the line, sure. I wouldnt be complaining if it was just a couple water bottles. We straight up trailer parked it.

Sure it's all speculation, except that Hooker got hurt after the delay, due to the exact circumstances that played out. That was my whole starting point. I dont care if it hurt or helped the team.

But how can you say that the 20-minute interruption negatively impacted the outcome? Perhaps the delay improved our chances of winning.

I'll I'm saying is that it's all speculation. And I would rather have a rowdy fanbase that occasionally goes over the line than to have a fanbase like vandy that just doesn't even show up.

Absolutely agree. Northern teams apparently have a somewhat routine problem with people throwing snowballs at games - pro and college. No mention of that, of course.

The best comment I've heard so far was from Matthew Butler (I think - the article is a little unclear in who said what).

“And what happened at the end with the delay, it is what it is. One way or the other, I’m very proud to have fans of this great university, of this great tradition in this program, that are passionate. Now, what happened at the end, that’s just a few. But one way or the other, just proud to have fans like that, that support me. And hopefully we give back to them by playing good football and just being good ambassadors of our program and this brand, the University of Tennessee.”

Heupel discusses recruits’ views of game atmosphere, fan conduct

To me it's a shame that our people in official capacities can't come out and say while they don't agree with throwing objects that they do understand why Tennessee fans were upset and that they are doing everything possible to force the SEC to address officiating and questionable medical disruptions. From my student days I'll guarantee official condemnation without any hint at respecting sentiment will only further inflame the situation.

Unfortunately I think the reason for both is the sunshine. We want our players in the shade, as do the boosters. Let the opposing team and the students bake.......It just happens to be a positive unintended consequence that the students have the opposing team to distract them during the game.

That TAMU game a few years ago was unreal and about blinded me. We were literally staring at the sun.

Reactions: Wireless1 and AM64
Last edited:
So basically he won't deny the actions that got his client fired for cause and says he's going to file a lawsuit for the purpose of embarrassing the University? That sounds like something that would get a lawyer and his client in trouble.
I thought the same thing, sounds a lot like Blackmail….of course I’m not an attorney

@Grand Vol , now that you're unemployed, have you considered becoming a hitman and maybe taking out Jeremy Pruitt for VN?
Come on man. You just ruined it. You have to communicate in code. Example:

Hey Grand I got a burnt cornbread situation. Can you take it to the trash for me?

@McDad
Hello sir. I had a phone call from a college student a couple nights ago. Took me a minute to connect him with our conversation of a week or so ago, and after I gave him a thumbnail sketch and the lay of the land I wasn’t sure if he was still interested. Nevertheless I suggested a visit to Texas over the holidays. Don’t ask @hog88 to opine, we already know how Texas rates with him.

@McDad
Hello sir. I had a phone call from a college student a couple nights ago. Took me a minute to connect him with our conversation of a week or so ago, and after I gave him a thumbnail sketch and the lay of the land I wasn’t sure if he was still interested. Nevertheless I suggested a visit to Texas over the holidays. Don’t ask @hog88 to opine, we already know how Texas rates with him.
Thank you.
I intentionally did not encourage him to call you after I told him of the opportunity. I'm glad he followed through even if late.
I will ask him about it next time we talk.

Appreciate you, Dave.

VN Store

Back