Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

From my memory, didnt 8 tracks only have 4 tracks? I remember 1-4, but there was no "other side"
I wonder if 8 tracks meant you could generally record 8 songs on the length of tape? Heck I dont know,
The 8 track had 4 songs simultaneously on the tape in stereo… hence 8 track, 4 pairs for stereo.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Sounds like there's a story there. BTW is it Tinker AFB that's near you? They seem to be having some ups and downs lately.

Yeah, I go there every so often for my A, B, C run (Alcohol, BX, Commissary) but I hadn't heard the of anything bad going on since I really didn't keep up.

Reactions: AM64
:eek::eek::eek::eek: Could be a wake-up call to them all ... not take anything for granted.
I'm not watching any of the Olympics so you can keep us posted .... I guess.

I like watching the olympics to see which name Russia will play under each year since they are banned.

The Olympics really cracked down on them this year for cheating 😒

They now go by ROC and can’t use the actual Russian flag or say Russian Olympic Committee even though that’s what it stands for but they can use Russians colors on all their uniforms which they are doing.

So its basically like saying you are banned for doping but you can still show up and win awards and let everyone know who you are but we are gonna pretend you’re someone else.

Yeah, I go there every so often for my A, B, C run (Alcohol, BX, Commissary) but I hadn't heard the of anything bad going on since I really didn't keep up.

Nothing major, and one I'm not sure was Tinker, but that had to do with one mission going away and picking up another. The latest one is one of the things the press loves to run with - flashy stories about dissension within the military.

Scrubbed AWACS Flights Lead to Toxic Leadership Allegations at Tinker Air Force Base

Those pictured look like they're in 3rd grade. I remember the dodge ball I played was while I was in HS ... 10-12th grade. A lot meaner & stronger than these wimps.
Think we started in 6th and played thru HS...we also played that game where u had to push a giant ball to the other side of the gym against another team..it was awesome kids were getting tossed over the ball and steamrolled...In that pic it looks like you only have to worry about 2 of them...that kid in the blue looks eager to nail an azz or 3 and the kid in the white wife beater..he looks sweaty like he has been out back getting his arm loose

VN Store

Back