Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Ref64478d6342c1ba235dfb1417b40d27

I remember those growing up .... but never had one. The 45 rpm record(s) were the thing for us youngins.

I have almost 200 78's. I cleaned (physically and digitally) and transferred them to CDs for my parents several years ago. Most turned out pretty well considering age, and my parents were happy. It was an interesting experience for me, too, since I played a lot of those records while growing up.

I have almost 200 78's. I cleaned (physically and digitally) and transferred them to CDs for my parents several years ago. Most turned out pretty well considering age, and my parents were happy. It was an interesting experience for me, too, since I played a lot of those records while growing up.

When I think about it, I can only say that I saw one (1) of those 78's when I was a kid. I don't even know what song(s) were on it. Music from the Big Band era probably. I removed it off the player to put a 45 record down to play a song.
But, to do what you did for your parents seems to have been a lot of work & many hours involved. There has to be a special place in Heaven for you just for doing that for them. God will Honor that deed of kindness.

Last edited:
When I think about it, I can only say that I saw one (1) of those 78's when I was a kid. I don't even know what song(s) were on it. Music from the Big Band era probably. I removed it off the player to put a 45 record down to play a song.
To do what you did for your parents seems to have been a lot of work & many hours involved. There has to be a place in Heaven for you just for doing that for them.

It definitely took time to do, but I got a lot out of it. In all honesty it always felt like I got more than I gave, and playing the records brought back a lot of good memories. I even got my sons to help - they did the artwork. There were a lot of record labels in those days, so they scanned several records, edited the label, and those became the CD inserts. They also typed the song lists for the back cover.

VN Store

Back