Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

@AM64

I got the watch in last night. I actually got a very good deal through little Switzerland. They are an actual AD and not a grey market seller like jomashop so I got the actual 5 year Omega warranty and they added a 2 year on top of it. Paid 4,165 out the door with no tax. The only negative was they used DHL and it was suppose to require a signature and the driver simply dropped it off and said I signed but that is on DHL. I would highly recommend them to any one looking to a get a watch or Tiffany's jewelry. Mike Danias is who I used.

Very nice. I was wondering if you'd gotten it yet. I think at least one of my watches came from Little Switzerland - pretty sure I got the Breitling on St Thomas. You do have to watch out for gray market stuff.

BTW - another topic you might be interested in. There's series Almost Paradise (forgot which streaming service) that's filmed on Cebu. It's OK - not anything to get excited about ... other than the detective. She's pretty nice looking, but her body is something else. It's worth checking out if nothing more than to see her in a swimsuit.

MV5BYWNmYWJjMzMtMTU3MC00ZDExLWJkNGYtZjkzYzY1NTU5ZDRmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA4OTg1Mzc1._V1_.jpg[VIDEO=][/VIDEO]

@AM64

I got the watch in last night. I actually got a very good deal through little Switzerland. They are an actual AD and not a grey market seller like jomashop so I got the actual 5 year Omega warranty and they added a 2 year on top of it. Paid 4,165 out the door with no tax. The only negative was they used DHL and it was suppose to require a signature and the driver simply dropped it off and said I signed but that is on DHL. I would highly recommend them to any one looking to a get a watch or Tiffany's jewelry. Mike Danias is who I used.

That watch is waaaaay too large to just tell a ************ what time it is.

Good choice. You ever try Smoky Mo's BBQ when you lived in Houston? Or Goode Company?

Today I splurged for lunch and had a bacon, cheese and tomato on toasted rye.

Will be better when the homegrown maters start ripening in about 3 months.

Cant say that I remember that I had. Definitely not Goode Co though.

Dont get my wrong...I like my beef, but if I had to choose for BBQ I choose pork. For a sammie, with vinegar base and Cole slaw. NC style. Eat more sauce base though cause cant seem to find NC style.

Reactions: RavinDave
Good choice. You ever try Smoky Mo's BBQ when you lived in Houston? Or Goode Company?

Today I splurged for lunch and had a bacon, cheese and tomato on toasted rye.

Will be better when the homegrown maters start ripening in about 3 months.

Something about that toasted bread, crunchy hot bacon, cool lettuce and juicy mater. Never go wrong with cheese...on anything either.

Cant say that I remember that I had. Definitely not Goode Co though.

Dont get my wrong...I like my beef, but if I had to choose for BBQ I choose pork. For a sammie, with vinegar base and Cole slaw. NC style. Eat more sauce base though cause cant seem to find NC style.
It's all good. Buddy's BBQ in Knoxville or Maryville was always a favorite of mine on trips to the home state.

@AM64

So that looks like an Omega Seamaster Diver model with the helium purge at the 10 o’clock position?

I’ve got a Seamaster Professional Diver GMT Chronograph. Amazing little instrument.

Reactions: NEO
@AM64

I've had the same velcro strap Walmart watch for 10 years but I will certainly keep this outfit in mind.

Reactions: NEO
So that looks like an Omega Seamaster Diver model with the helium purge at the 10 o’clock position?

I’ve got a Seamaster Professional Diver GMT Chronograph. Amazing little instrument.

It is with the 8800 movement.

I honestly was headed towards the breitling heritage 2 and still think it looks nicer but the lack of anti-magnetic parts concerned me. I encounter a really wide variety of business and sometimes have to hard hat up and get near magnetic fields.

I am very happy with it though. Omega makes an amazing time piece.

It is with the 8800 movement.

I honestly was headed towards the breitling heritage 2 and still think it looks nicer but the lack of anti-magnetic parts concerned me. I encounter a really wide variety of business and sometimes have to hard hat up and get near magnetic fields.

I am very happy with it though. Omega makes an amazing time piece.
Beautiful watch man congrats. I dropped a picture of mine its the 44 case size. Mine is pretty thick though honestly if I’d bought the model you did I would probably wear it more.

So many buttons and dials on the one I got for a nerdy engineer tho😜 I wanted the GMT function I leave it on Zulu time. Useful on flight test stuff, well that’s what I talked myself into when I bought it.

But I do like that clean dial on your watch.

Reactions: AM64 and NEO
5 Star QB Ty Simpson from Martin, TN. chose Alabama today to play there under Saban.
Ty Simpson claimed for years he's been a Big TN Vol Fan growing up hoping one day to play there & to represent his state. Fans in the FF are trashing him and his choice of where he's going. Fans have been let down again by a highly ranked TN player by choosing to go play for it's biggest archenemy.

Last edited:
Reactions: AM64
You watch guys make me remember why I have a good retirement, my everyday watch is a Casio with a plastic band and my good watch is a Seiko that has had a dead battery for 10 years.

5 Star QB Ty Simpson from Martin, TN. chose Alabama today to play there under Saban.
Ty Simpson claimed for years he's been a Big TN Vol Fan growing up hoping one day to play there & to represent his state. Fans in the FF are trashing him and his choice of where he's going. Fans have been let down again by a highly ranked TN player by choosing to go play for it's biggest archenemy.

I can't blame the kid. If I were advising my kid I'd tell him to play for Saban over the shitshow we have been.

Reactions: DC_Vol and AM64

I'd question his decision-making if he picked UT over Alabama at this point.

VN Store

Back