Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

The only running one is the Traveler. But they are all at a friends on Canada near Vancouver. I'll wait for the freeze to thaw around late March or early April to get the truck and Scout towed here. Hopefully the Traveler in early January.

Very cool. How long to get them where you want them?

Reactions: McDad
@Onelilreb

Got behind a heavy hauler, don't know what he was hauling but must have been heavy the way he was jerking and jumping taking off from a stop light. Told the guy riding with me "watch him bust a yolk at the next light" and sure enough, he did. How often does that happen to you guys pulling those massive loads?

It doesn’t happen that often unless you don’t have enough horses under the hood , or the driver gets impatient and tries to force something that should be a gradual start . look at me y’all I can pull anything if I just stand on it . ( these two are usually the problem ) , If he’s shuttering and shaking a lot I’m betting on the second one . There’s not a lot of difference in heavy hauling and pulling a skate board loaded with pipe or lumber , things break you just hope it’s not under a load when they turn loose .

Attachments

• 1969+Scout+Aristocrat+784827+V8+Auto+22.jpg
    1969+Scout+Aristocrat+784827+V8+Auto+22.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 1969+Scout+Aristocrat+784827+V8+Auto+15.jpg
    1969+Scout+Aristocrat+784827+V8+Auto+15.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 1969+Scout+Aristocrat+784827+V8+Auto+2.jpg
    1969+Scout+Aristocrat+784827+V8+Auto+2.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 1969+Scout+Aristocrat+784827+V8+Auto+38.jpg
    1969+Scout+Aristocrat+784827+V8+Auto+38.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 1969+Scout+Aristocrat+784827+V8+Auto+41.jpg
    1969+Scout+Aristocrat+784827+V8+Auto+41.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 1969+Scout+Aristocrat+784827+V8+Auto+34.jpg
    1969+Scout+Aristocrat+784827+V8+Auto+34.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 1969+Scout+Aristocrat+784827+V8+Auto+29.jpg
    1969+Scout+Aristocrat+784827+V8+Auto+29.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Septic and AirVol
The only running one is the Traveler. But they are all at a friends on Canada near Vancouver. I'll wait for the freeze to thaw around late March or early April to get the truck and Scout towed here. Hopefully the Traveler in early January.

Aristocrat is a 69. Going going to put a 4bt or 7.3 IDI. @Orangeslice13 would dig the IDI. @Obsessed is going to do some work on it.

Hey y'all, @NorthDallas40 inadvertently reminded me of the fundraiser I posted here a while back for my now late friend. I forgot to thank you guys. Going off emails and donations listed on the page, I got about 1.2k out of you fine ****s on that fundraiser. Though Jim ultimately lost his cancer battle, that money had gone on to help his widow who has had to rejoin the workforce after 20 years of homemaking. They were a humble family, and every bit of the cash you guys dropped have really been of great use. Thanks, Vols. GBO. RIP Jim Johns.

@CagleMtnVol

I assume you live on Cagle Mountain near Sale Creek. I used to ride my dirt bike and shoot guns up there on top of the mountain where they cut lumber. You know where I am talking about?

p
It doesn’t happen that often unless you don’t have enough horses under the hood , or the driver gets impatient and tries to force something that should be a gradual start . look at me y’all I can pull anything if I just stand on it . ( these two are usually the problem ) , If he’s shuttering and shaking a lot I’m betting on the second one . There’s not a lot of difference in heavy hauling and pulling a skate board loaded with pipe or lumber , things break you just hope it’s not under a load when they turn loose .

Only happens in 1st...the only time a driver has to actually use the clutch.
Rest of the time it's like finding the hole...just slides into gear.

I drove 600+ miles today, and am now at the beach. Go there about 8:30 tonight. Weather is supposed to be near perfect next 3 days. I got tired of the sh!tty weather in East TN the last couple of days. Golf looming .

That’s a good run .

VN Store

Back