Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

@NorthDallas40
Well, well, well. You freaking traitor. Leaving your bosses and colleagues high and dry as you dance away to a life of leisure and excess.
I hope you feel disgusted at yourself for becoming a net taker and drain on our economy.

Congrats on your retirement. How was your last day? Were you watching the clock? Perma-smile plastered on your ugly mug? Did you end up at a celebration party?

@NorthDallas40
Well, well, well. You freaking traitor. Leaving your bosses and colleagues high and dry as you dance away to a life of leisure and excess.
I hope you feel disgusted at yourself for becoming a net taker and drain on our economy.

Congrats on your retirement. How was your last day? Were you watching the clock? Perma-smile plastered on your ugly mug? Did you end up at a celebration party?
Thank you. My last day was crazy busy actually since I was in plant and several wanted to wish me well while others knew it was their last chance to ask technical questions. I invented my goto response for “mind if we call you?”

“Look I have caller ID and I’ve decided I don’t want to do this anymore for money so I likely don’t want to do it for free. So choose your questions wisely and exhaust other means first.”

I was late for my own retirement party as I needed to go home and take some ibuprofen and lay on the heating pad for a bit.

Right now I’m only “mostly retired”. I need to get transitioned over to retiree healthcare, get my pension money payout, and cash out my restricted stock that vested on retirement then I’ll really be retired.

Several people smiled and said “you know you’ll be back!” to which I just smiled and shrugged and said “don’t really know honestly but right now I know I want to retire”

Im not a foodie sadly...many days eating is just a chore i have to fit in the day like everything else honestly.

Today was Dad/Daddy's girl day for my daughters 14th so just the 2 of us all day long. Went to a museum, watched an IMAX show about dinosaurs in Antarctica and nerded out etc etc...had a great time with my favorite human being. All that to say this:

We had brunch for lunch at bout 1230 at Ri Ras irish pub in downtown charlotte....on suggestion of the staff we both had chicken and waffles...one of the best meals i have ever had in my life.

Huge buttermilk fried boneless chicken breast, hand breaded breadcrumb style and fried crispy. Atop huge belgian style thick waffles...served with hot syrup and each a bowl of homemade whipped cream with fresh blueberries. Son. Of . A. Beitch.

I never even tried my blueberries and cream til i was already full...raved from the very first bite trying to make each fork full a chunk of chicken perfection PLUS the waffle and syrup in each and every bite.

It has savory, salty, sweet, and creamy all in each and every bite. It was so good....so very good.

If yall ever come to Charlotte, hit up Ri Ras Irish pub on Tryon downtown for chicken n waffles. You will thank me later .

I don't understand how they make chicken that good
So the one I’ve been to is in Richardson. It’s next to another restaurant called Pappa Deaux. A lot of people think they are connected they aren’t. Pappa Deaux is New Orleans food. Pappasitos is a Texas TexMex chain. If you’re in DFW airport for a layover they both have locations there. Abbreviated menu but still good.

The Pappadeaux Difference: Fun, Festive & Always Original

VN Store

Back