Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

SMA connectors are a little better than Microdot connectors used for accelerometers - those were a nightmare to connect in a nuclear containment when you were double gloved. The nice thing about BNC is the quarter turn bayonet mount - there was a miniature version - seems like a BSM. One radar I used to work on used those a bit - a lot easier to deal with than a threaded connector. The bayonet type mounts are just so much quicker and foolproof.
We use a lot of Endevco accels and I’m pretty sure they are still microdot at the sensor too.

Reactions: AM64
Imagine a 4 hour roadtrip in this as a kid going to Bham before there was an interstate...with no AC..ah heck we loved it.

615760.jpg

There is Humpy...the pillow rest

615749.jpg

We use a lot of Endevco accels and I’m pretty sure they are still microdot at the sensor too.

Biggest problem we had was the connectors on the high temperature radiation hardened accelerometers like the 2273AM20 or 2273AM1 didn't have anything between the center connector and the shield, and in bad lighting and bad angles you could get the center pin wedged between the connector and shield - especially if you were using the SS hardline cable instead of the normal redline cables. Loved working with Endevco for sensors -absolutely the best, but we preferred Unholtz Dickie for charge converters and signal conditioners.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
The trick was to get some motion going before you started to turn the wheel.
Had an old Chevy farm truck without PS. Also has a Galaxy 500 that would not hold PS fluid for spit. That’s when I started working on them myself.
Didn’t have a license but drove everywhere on the country roads. Good times

You learned a lot about skids and slides on gravel roads.

Me and the wife always back in the driveway, I don't think we're drug dealers but open to the idea....

Yeah, i usually back in at home too...so i dont have to back out later. Drug dealers do it everywhere 50 times a day/night. Helps them remain uncaged...

SInce this guy doesn't know what he's got, maybe we can make him an offer?

Tried to give him my number more than once, but he will not sell. They are only going up in price now, and most remaining have 200,000 plus miles. What a rube.

My 1st car was an 80s K car my Pappaw bought from TVA with about 150k miles on it. Bench back seat was where i got laid for the 1st time. Like a proper American lol.... that 88 and all those 60s and 70s sedans were freaking HUGE CARS that people today have no idea how large they actually were. Land yachts. Some of them rode like they were on clouds though....pothole? Whats a pothole? Of course they had the turning radius of an aircraft carrier, so much body roll that you couldnt take a turn going more than about 20 mph....but they just glided down the road. Cars have come a long, long, way....whats really bullsheit is some of those huge cars had truly MASSIVE 400ci plus v8s that were so poorly engineered and smog choked they made 160 or 170hp which is mindblowing. Good ole government oversight strikes again

VN Store

Back