Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

And i give props to kiddiedoc for staying in..like i said before, he wasnt upset when it was falling like a lead balloon from almost 20k before...he predicted it would stabilize around 6k which was quite accurate actually, i think it held in the 5k region for a long time before this climb. So now he is waaaaaay up again. I dont care if i bought in at 5k or 10k...i would sell it when it gets up close to 20k again, if it does. Knowing about the tulip incident that happened in europe (denmark?) I know it COULD keep climbing to 50k..but at the end of the day it is a completely fictional widget that has no real world product, and the only reason it has value is speculation...which is crazy. If you buy gold bars and the bottom falls out, you still have gold bars. It can go back up, you could make jewelry out of it, have a door stop or bullets or a paper weight or ghetto teeth lulz...if bitcoin bottom falls out... you have some pixels on a screen. Thats it...scary stuff. It has made some millionaires for sure though, wish i bought in early.

Sometimes, quitting is the hardest thing a young man can do.

I 86'd Elvira today. Paid for a joint that she can live in for 6 months, and got my own place. Toughest part was nickel and diming the 5k+ home bar and paying restitution for the man cave/dog toys.

Beats a divorce.
Sorry to read this Dink.

Now just go get laid and move on. That resets the emotional meter.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Surf fishing report 6/23

I knew it would be pretty calm out there so i took a little rod rigged up with a topwater plug and brought a backup super spook in addition to the regular gear. Got out there to my honey hole spot right at 8 am and immediately saw fish super close to the shore jumping and attacking the top of the water. Got my plug and threw it out in no more than two or three feet of water and immediately hooked a little jack. Kept him for shark bait and proceeded to catch a few more, then it was nothing but tons of mostly undersized bluefish and a couple ladyfish. I had plenty of shark bait at that point but i was having a lot of fun with the topwater plug that it was ten am before i knew it and i had only gotten one shark rod out because i was too busy playing with the little fish. They right up close to shore chasing bait the entire time i was out there.

So i finally put down the little rod and get my second shark rig out there, plus a couple bottom rigs on two other rods for whiting and whatever else. Steadily caught little whiting, spots, more damn little bluefish. A baby bonnethead. No big sharks on my shark rigs though. At that point i was pretty tired of catching little things since the whiting i was catching were all pretty small too, i took those rods out of the water and re-rigged the biggest one for sharks. I had my own rigs pre made, the problem was going to be the 20 lb mono on the spool. I would just have to hope I'd get lucky and have a smaller shark take it and it wouldn't get snapped by a monster.

You guys know where this is going, right? The little blues were slowly eating up my cut bait, no shark bites until i was about to turn it in. Then i see one of the shark rods double over.. finally snagged one. My hopes were dashed a split second later when the rod snapped back, shark broke off. Of course it was the third rod i had rigged up that did not have the heavy braided line on it. I gave it an hour longer and accepted defeat, once again. C'est la vie.

Super fun to toss the topwater out when it's calm as a lake out there and the fish are in a feeding frenzy though. Would recommend.

Surf fishing report 6/23

I knew it would be pretty calm out there so i took a little rod rigged up with a topwater plug and brought a backup super spook in addition to the regular gear. Got out there to my honey hole spot right at 8 am and immediately saw fish super close to the shore jumping and attacking the top of the water. Got my plug and threw it out in no more than two or three feet of water and immediately hooked a little jack. Kept him for shark bait and proceeded to catch a few more, then it was nothing but tons of mostly undersized bluefish and a couple ladyfish. I had plenty of shark bait at that point but i was having a lot of fun with the topwater plug that it was ten am before i knew it and i had only gotten one shark rod out because i was too busy playing with the little fish. They right up close to shore chasing bait the entire time i was out there.

So i finally put down the little rod and get my second shark rig out there, plus a couple bottom rigs on two other rods for whiting and whatever else. Steadily caught little whiting, spots, more damn little bluefish. A baby bonnethead. No big sharks on my shark rigs though. At that point i was pretty tired of catching little things since the whiting i was catching were all pretty small too, i took those rods out of the water and re-rigged the biggest one for sharks. I had my own rigs pre made, the problem was going to be the 20 lb mono on the spool. I would just have to hope I'd get lucky and have a smaller shark take it and it wouldn't get snapped by a monster.

You guys know where this is going, right? The little blues were slowly eating up my cut bait, no shark bites until i was about to turn it in. Then i see one of the shark rods double over.. finally snagged one. My hopes were dashed a split second later when the rod snapped back, shark broke off. Of course it was the third rod i had rigged up that did not have the heavy braided line on it. I gave it an hour longer and accepted defeat, once again. C'est la vie.

Super fun to toss the topwater out when it's calm as a lake out there and the fish are in a feeding frenzy though. Would recommend.
These reports should really contain pictures
#rookiereporter
#Jealousy

I know you and most said McAfee was nuts and I do agree, but he has been saying for a long time that when it hit 10 it was going take off and explode.
This is a direct function of market instability vis a vis tariff wars, Hormuz, UK, etc. We’ve seen this movie before and when equities stabilized and started climbing again crypto dropped hurriedly.

Sometimes, quitting is the hardest thing a young man can do.

I 86'd Elvira today. Paid for a joint that she can live in for 6 months, and got my own place. Toughest part was nickel and diming the 5k+ home bar and paying restitution for the man cave/dog toys.

Beats a divorce.

That sucks man. Hope things get easier soon.

Surf fishing report 6/23

I like the malin wire for shark rig leader, i generally make them about a foot longer than the biggest shark I think I have a chance at. Harder to cast from the beach though... That's when you make the low man on the pole swim the bait out and drop it.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
I like the malin wire for shark rig leader, i generally make them about a foot longer than the biggest shark I think I have a chance at. Harder to cast from the beach though... That's when you make the low man on the pole swim the bait out and drop it.

Yup.. my wire leaders were only about 3 feet. Pretty sure my 20 lb mono just straight up snapped though due to the pull of the shark but i can't rule out that he tail slapped it or somehow got a piece in his mouth.

Finally, since I rarely post...

My friend completed his treatment in Tijuana. He did all he could, but the outlook is grim. He has accepted the hand he was dealt. He and his sons celebrated with me the other night. Thanks to everyone who contributed. He will go having fought the good fight.
Sounds like a rough night. Sorry for your friend and lady trouble.

My friend completed his treatment in Tijuana. He did all he could, but the outlook is grim. He has accepted the hand he was dealt. He and his sons celebrated with me the other night. Thanks to everyone who contributed. He will go having fought the good fight.

I’m sorry to hear this Dino. That’s tough.

Sounds like you've had a tough week bruh.... bad news on your friend and dumping Elvira.... sorry dude

VN Store

Back