Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Roger "Rocket" Clemens the pitcher is the only athlete I remember with that nickname. He could bring it too.

The one that played for ND took a pitch out from the QB & ran like 90 yards down the right sideline for a TD against Tenn. That play eventually won the game for ND.....it had been a real tight game before that happened.

If memory serves, Ismael took a huge money for the 90s contract from a Canadian football team put of college...toronto i think.
.instead of going to the NFL. It was a publicity stunt as much as anything by a CFL team wanting to attract US viewers. He would have been a 1st rd pick here probably

Problem is WR are very risky to draft high bc they usually dont pan out in the NFL when every CB runs a 4.4 forty ....so by the time Rocket used up 2 or 3 years of youth in Canada, he didnt have the jets anymore to make it in the NFL...if he ever would have.

IIRC He didnt do squat in the NFL and retired. I could be misremembering but i am 95% sure that was him. Will go google him in a minute and see. Cant sleep

Edit..i was right about everything EXCEPT...his 4.5MM a year in canada was the most ever for a fb player anywhere...CFL salary cap for each TEAM was 3.6 MM....he came to the NFL and sucked terribly for 6 out of 8 seasons...the other 2 late in his career he had 1000yds each but only 6 TD per...had 30TD in 8 years so less than 4 a year average. He ran a legit 10.2 100yards though in NCAA...was a good athlete and made a lot of money.

Last edited:
Roger "Rocket" Clemens the pitcher is the only athlete I remember with that nickname. He could bring it too.
Rocket Richard played in the NHL, but that was a long time ago. Before I was born, I think, but I remember hearing about him.

Rocket Richard played in the NHL, but that was a long time ago. Before I was born, I think, but I remember hearing about him.
I think he played for the Montreal Canadiens, one of the original 6 NHL teams. They had Rocket and Pocket Rocket. I need to look up and see who Pocket Rocket was. I don't know if he was a brother, or just a teammate. It seems like Rocket was Maurice Richard.

Edit: Just looked it up. Rocket Richard was Maurice and he played for Montreal. He was 5'10" 180 pounds. His brother, Henri Richard, also played for Montreal. He was smaller at 5'7" and 160. He was "Pocket Rocket." I remember when they played, but I was pretty young.

Btw... i saw in the "argue with PJ until Freak comes" thread the other day a lot of talk of reporting people. As long as i have been in the PF...maybe 5 years...reporting people is like being a snitch to the principal because youre a puss and your life sucks...or you have the thin skin of a teenage girl. I dont report anyone. Thats an unspoken rule in the PF like not using blue font for sarcasm...and we get away with a lot more here than anyone else on this site save maybe the Zone...presumably because we arent a nuisance and dont bother Freak..we get to call eachother names and occasionally swear...because we know eachother and dont take offense. Just my take TIFWIW WGAF. LMAO OU812. HUBANegavols.
I've never reported anyone, but almost myself on accident. If @Grand Vol gets near my girl Maria again, I may report him😄

VN Store

Back