Official: Danny White hired as AD

Some rumors are out there that Danny White was actually the only person interviewed for the UT AD position. UT used a search firm and rumored none of the other potential candidates and especially those with solid UT connections were never contacted nor interviewed. Nothing has also been said as to who is going to pay the $2.5 million dollar "buy out" for White. White obviously has excellent credentials, but it is totally unfair that absolutely none of the other potential AD candidates as rumored were even contacted nor interviewed.

Fair????
White was the first choice and he said yes. That's all that needed to happen.

Some rumors are out there that Danny White was actually the only person interviewed for the UT AD position. UT used a search firm and rumored none of the other potential candidates and especially those with solid UT connections were never contacted nor interviewed. Nothing has also been said as to who is going to pay the $2.5 million dollar "buy out" for White. White obviously has excellent credentials, but it is totally unfair that absolutely none of the other potential AD candidates as rumored were even contacted nor interviewed.
Fair? Who gives a shat. This is about fixing our broken program. Not people's feelings. The admin, for once in 20 years, approached this with a plan it looks like. Knew who they wanted. Did what it took to get them. Have the boosters on board to pay the buyout. What the hell else do you want?

I’d like to see what he could do with a good to great roster, which I think he will assemble at Ole Miss. then we will revisit your post, I don’t think it will age well

How many chances does he get? He has a HUGE sample size already. He has been head coach of a team for 11 seasons, with 5 different teams. In 11 seasons, he’s had all of 4 seasons with 8 or more wins, 4! And two of those were at FAU. On the other hand, in those 11 seasons, he’s lost 5 or more games 6 times. So 55% of his seasons as head coach, he’s lost 5 or more games.

I get that people like the bravado and charisma, and I agree he runs a high-powered offense, but he hasn’t demonstrated that he can be a consistent winner.

From White, "I am thrilled to be headed to Knoxville and to a university with a great competitive tradition and a spirited and devoted fan base. Volunteer fans have an expectation to win, and my first task will be taking on the search for a new head football coach. But I want all Vols to know that I am deeply committed to excellence in all of our athletic programs."

We are certainly spirited and devoted!!

From White, "I am thrilled to be headed to Knoxville and to a university with a great competitive tradition and a spirited and devoted fan base. Volunteer fans have an expectation to win, and my first task will be taking on the search for a new head football coach. But I want all Vols to know that I am deeply committed to excellence in all of our athletic programs."

We are certainly spirited and devoted!!
And he means it. Great Hire. He and his family are well thought of in college sports world and believe me it will help when we face NCAA. In CHRIST Alone

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Some rumors are out there that Danny White was actually the only person interviewed for the UT AD position... White obviously has excellent credentials, but it is totally unfair that absolutely none of the other potential AD candidates as rumored were even contacted nor interviewed.
What’s unfair is for you to claim that the hiring process was “unfair” based on what you admit are rumors. 🙄

Reactions: MaTaLa and Seedguy

VN Store

Back