Official: Danny White hired as AD

.....most underwhelming crappy football season in history of any sports...2005 pre season#3.......5-6......guess u forgot about that one?

Lame Kiffin was just 7-6 and then left in the middle of the night for a "better school" Guess you forgot about that?

Fulmer was fired. Lane Kiffin left of his own free will leaving us hanging by a rope and winding up with Derek freaking Doofus as a head coach. I don't think Fulmer's bad 2005 season outweighs that.

I really like the hire. I also, really like how fast they got this deal done.

Now, come on Dr. White bring in the Freeze!

Lame Kiffin was just 7-6 and then left in the middle of the night for a "better school" Guess you forgot about that?

Fulmer was fired. Lane Kiffin left of his own free will leaving us hanging by a rope and winding up with Derek freaking Doofus as a head coach. I don't think Fulmer's bad 2005 season outweighs that.
Sure it does.

Hold up, what board am I on? I thought I was on the TN Vols message board, where the sky is always falling. This news sounds positive so I have to be in the wrong place.

Little Happies, Little Happies, Little Happies
Beer time, beer time, beer time
Step One - "Check"
Step Two - "Bigger Check"

This hire was faster than expected, surprising and impressive IMO. We may actually have component leadership in administrative positions for the first time in literally decades.

Reactions: 10takum
Very good. Now we have to wait to see what penalties we receive. No idea how long that will take, but it’s unlikely we are able to hire anyone good before that stuff comes out.

not necessarily if you offer a 6 year deal and assure the coach that you have his back throughout this process. That’s when you’d include Manning to help drive that point home.

call me cornbread, but 62 year old Jeff Fischer would be much better than 56 year old Lance Leipold. Their head coaching winning percentage is basically the same. One's record was in the NFL, with the other's in the mid-american conference...

Recruiting would be my answer

What's funny is Brandon Johnson just transferred to UCF and if all the coaches come to Tennessee that would be ironic.

There are some really good Vol players who just entered the transfer portal. If they are good enough for another major P5 team, they are good enough to wait and see just a bit longer...
Same with other non-Vols in the portal... if you are good enough to wait and see just a bit longer...

I won’t be shocked if AD White brings in Billy Napier. No insider info just a gut feeling

Kiffin was 5-5 this year, would have been 5-6 if the aTm game weren’t canceled. He was two games better than Pruitt. Was it the flashy nature in which he always seems to lose between 4-6 games that has everyone enamored with him? Has anyone ever been more forgiven for being average-to-below-average than Kiffin? You always think he’s having a solid season, then you look up and he’s got 5 losses. And it’s this way everywhere he goes, save a couple big seasons at FAU (also had a 4-7 season at FAU).

He won 5 games this year with a couple of the best QB’s in the league on his roster and an All-everything WR.

5-7 to 7-5 is your ceiling with him, with the occasional outlier 9-3. He’ll have fun and flashy offenses, he’ll be a great soundbite, and a charismatic dude, but the program will not become a consistent winner that you’re all hoping for, and you’ll be right back to where you are now after 5 seasons of 7-5, 6-6.

With the roster he had, I’d say he did a pretty good job this year. I’d like to see what he could do with a good to great roster, which I think he will assemble at Ole Miss. then we will revisit your post, I don’t think it will age well

VN Store

Back