Official Christmas Christmas Zone Thread

Ok, so my incandescent warm white Christmas twinkled mini-lights pretty much all died this year, and I had to use LED twinklers.

I DO NOT LIKE LED WHITE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS, SAM I AM! THEY HAVE A COLD BLUISH-WHITE LIGHT! Boooooo!!! They do not float my boat.

So I’m ordering new incandescent warm-white (think candlelight) Christmas lights, and I’m resigned to having to replace them every 3-4 years until it dawns on the LED manufacturers to create a true warm-white bulb. My question is how many 8-foot/ 100-light twinkling strands to get for now.

I have 3 (dunno how many)-foot long strands of LEDs up now. I’ll find out how long the strands are when I take down the tree this weekend, but it’s ridiculously bright, more because of the LED-ness than the number of lights.

Online eejits say 1 8-foot/100-light strand per vertical foot of tree. For my 8’-9’ trees, that’s 8 or 9 strands, which is ridiculous. I don’t buy super-fat trees, but they’re also not skinny.

Any input would be deeply appreciated. 🎄🎄🎄🎄

Reactions: malinoisvol
Well, the great LED vs Incandescent Christmas light debate is all well and good, but the real question is where do you get some of those bubble lights that bubble colored water up a little stem? I haven't been able to find any.

I googled "bubbler christmas lights" and bammo, there they were. Still popular. My parents use some of them, and without that, I probably would have just guessed nobody was making them.

And that's methylene chloride in there, not water. Water would have to heat up to 212F (obviously) for the bubbles to survive. methylene chloride operates at a much more reasonable temperature.

Reactions: Danl
Threw ours under the house today. Tires of it boxes up in the garage, and this cold! Bring on summer, and 90+ degrees!!!! Wooooooo

VN Store

Back