Official AD Search Thread

Bullsh!t

What is his experience taking a dumpster AD office and putting it right??

Peyton is highly accomplished VFL with great IQ (was his strength as a player - probably best ever in that deparment).
He is a student of the game with unreal knowledge and experience - having him as AD would help recruiting as well just for those reasons. Having said that, if it's true he had anything to do with bringing in Butch or supporting Schiano hire I withdraw my recommendation (I don't know if any of those are true however - I do remember Butch went out of his way to get close to Peyton after he was hired and Peyton was being helpful to him - but I don't know if its confirmed that Peyton actually worked on bringing Butch to UT originally).

Reactions: Lovnrockytop
I don't get a vote, but I'd be OK with an Ingram/Clark combo. May not be a home run but a solid choice of successful experienced professionals. I believe they would have us back to respectability in short order.

I'd love it, but it isn't going to happen. Noone here, unless you live in the Birmingham area, can begin to contemplate the love those guys have from UAB fan base (and City of Birmingham generally). Imagine the UT program being shutdown, your coach refuses to quit and your AD brings the whole thing back to life and gets a new stadium built. How much would you love those guys?
The guilt trip they laid on Bear Jr had a lot to do with bringing it back.

The administration hopefully has already been thinking about our next possible AD. Number 1 person we need to pursue is Mark Ingram, if we push hard enough he will come I believe. He truly could be a great one and he love UT and he played here and also has the great qualities to make a super AD for years at UT! 2. David Blackburn, he knows the landscape and is a proven good AD. I think he would do a very good job. And then my number 3 is just based on my gut feeling that he would be super at it even though it would be a big step. Charles Davis, he is highly smart with great common sense and would relate with UT fans well just like I think Ingram would. I just really respect Charles Davis and think he would represent UT in a very positive light and do a good job. People like him find a way to be successful. I don't think we could go wrong with any of them. Mark Ingram would be a possible HOME RUN HIRE and get me very excited. I also think while Davis is a little more of a gamble just from the aspect of experience, I also think his upside as AD is super high. GBO!

Honestly I think we might end up with Jon Gilbert who doesn’t move the needle for me.

The administration hopefully has already been thinking about our next possible AD. Number 1 person we need to pursue is Mark Ingram, if we push hard enough he will come I believe. He truly could be a great one and he love UT and he played here and also has the great qualities to make a super AD for years at UT! 2. David Blackburn, he knows the landscape and is a proven good AD. I think he would do a very good job. And then my number 3 is just based on my gut feeling that he would be super at it even though it would be a big step. Charles Davis, he is highly smart with great common sense and would relate with UT fans well just like I think Ingram would. I just really respect Charles Davis and think he would represent UT in a very positive light and do a good job. People like him find a way to be successful. I don't think we could go wrong with any of them. Mark Ingram would be a possible HOME RUN HIRE and get me very excited. I also think while Davis is a little more of a gamble just from the aspect of experience, I also think his upside as AD is super high. GBO!
The only Mark Ingram I can think of played at bammer, I’m probably forgetting someone but if not what the heck fire are you talking about?!

Reactions: volfan8
The only Mark Ingram I can think of played at bammer, I’m probably forgetting someone but if not what the heck fire are you talking about?!
This Mark Ingram was a long snapper for the VOLS in the '90's Peyton era .... Google Mark Ingram UAB Blazers AD ...

This Mark Ingram was a long snapper for the VOLS in the '90's Peyton era .... Google Mark Ingram UAB Blazers AD ...

Wait........so your telling me there are two “Mark Ingram’s” in football?
More or less, yes, this is what I'm saying..... It is possible wouldn't you think ??

img_3566.jpg

What if I told you that there is someone available with ties to UT who was previously an AD, is currently a lawyer, and just might be looking for a new job? He is even known to wear orange pants on Saturdays!

I see what you did there. Gave you a like. Not for the idea as such, but for your cleverness

VN Store

Back