*****Official 2021 Orange and White Game Thread

Do you believe that Bailey is concussion-proof or something?

If he takes a cheap shot to the head from a Georgia player like Maurer did, he's probably going to get concussed as well.
What exactly was "cheap" about the hit? It was a hard hit but not a dirty hit. Maybe you fault Kirby for calling a corner blitz with 5 minutes to go but we were definitely trying to score so if the shoe was on the other foot I think we'd all say it was fair game. The kid didn't take a "cheap shot", Mauer's got to read that. It was a learning experience for him that I doubt he'll be likely to forget. I'm more mad about the stupid ref getting in the way of the post-fumble tackle, which resulted in a touchdown.

Edit: here's the video:

This particular hit wasn't a Kublanow. That's football.

Last edited:
Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Didn’t get a chance to watch the game yesterday because I was busy. Just went back on YouTube and watched it. My final analysis is quite simple and I have come up with a phrase to solidify it.

“Give Small the ball”

If we play good defense, special teams, and we do not turn the ball over we can do something this year.

The defense you saw today will not be out there this fall.
You can make your point over and over again that we were scraping the bottom of the barrel for defensive football players in that game and the idiot detractors will never understand what you are saying. When we get our best defensive players back we may suck just as bad as we did yesterday and then they can complain with some justification. It blows my mind that some people can be so stupid as to not understand the English language,

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
You can make your point over and over again that we were scraping the bottom of the barrel for defensive football players in that game and the idiot detractors will never understand what you are saying. When we get our best defensive players back we may suck just as bad as we did yesterday and then they can complain with some justification. It blows my mind that some people can be so stupid as to not understand the English language,
And our offense will not face that defense 12 times next year unfortunately either. It's best not to draw too many conclusions one way or another. I'm encouraged by what I saw yesterday in that everyone seemed to be having fun, it was an entertaining brand and I liked what Heupel said, but this is a message board and people will have differing opinions about what they saw.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back